Who else didnt ride today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
BTW - 91 year old MiL says she's :cold:

Suspect a dicky cooling pump :sad:

Sold my car this weekend and was going to deliver it this morning and ride back from Ipswich, but instead delivered it last night and rode back from 9.00pm to 1.00am. Have to say it was a rather lovely ride through peaceful Suffolk countryside at that time but would have been properly hot if I'd done it at lunchtime today!

I was determined to cycle this morning. The plan was to get out of the house by 7.30 and home before 9.30 after usual 50 km Sunday ride. But I had to answer some important telephone calls. Finally, I left at 9.45. I managed to cycle but I was exhausted did not have energy even to do some stretches when I got home. I had to take a one hour rest just to recover. But I saw plenty of other cyclists on the road.

D

Deleted member 1258

I haven't done a Sunday ride for ages, we normally have a house full of family on a Sunday so no chance, I plan to ride tomorrow. Next Sunday though it seem that everybodies working overtime so I'll get a chance to ride.

Venod

Eh up
Not for me today, a 5 hour MTB event from Ingleton yesterday, the last hour felt like I was slowly melting and running out of the cleat holes in my shoes, from Wharf up to Sulber Nick was just draining me of everything, so today has been spent moving very slowly between the conservatory and garden bench

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It was far too hot today to sit out in never mind ride in! I waited till 6.30 then went out for a ride, It was still mad hot and seeing as i couldn't find my sweatband the stuff was dripping into my eyes. I managed 25 miles, though it was more a chore than pleasure.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Nothing today and zero guilt. I did do a fair few miles yesterday. Couple of dodgy moments when I nearly came off on melting tar!
Today I made 10 jars of gooseberry jam and picked about 3Kg of blackcurrants! Up early tomorrow to get my daughter to her D of E practice expedition in Llangollen.
Planning a mountain bike ride on Tuesday!

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
No cycling, but I went to the Airpark and flew ( and chased) some rubber powered model aircraft around.

There was something like that going on at Cosford yesterday. What looked like a very large model jet complete with jet engines was buzzing part of the runway.

Top Bottom