Who else didnt ride today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just a metric half this morning, but deliberately chose as flat a route as possible, well for round here anyway (1355 ft of climbing).
Got through 2x 800ml bottles of electrolyte mix on the ride, and I've been trying to catch up on liquids all day - supped most of a 2ltr bottle of pop, a smoothie and a couple more cans of pop.

Oh, then this afternoon took the dog for a 4 mile walk. :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
Not this weekend. Granddaughters birthday party at ours Saturday so a morning spent preparing and a noisy, busy, fun filled afternoon in the garden, with around half of the adults watching England on the TV.
Today...the usual day, family round for dinner, the pool got lots of use, kiddos were happy, adults relaxed, lots of chatting and relaxing.
Our weekends are busy nowadays...and brilliant for the most part. I'd normally get a ride in this morning or this evening but today...just didn't happen.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Technically I did make it out, but managed a couple of hundred metres to the top of the hill and called it a day due to a poorly knee. I'm a total lizard, love the heat and get really fecked off if I can't ride in the warm weather. It might have been an omen - I'd planned to go to Salisbury.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Went to Snettterton to watch some racing I had little interest in, but I needed to be away from the temptation of riding. Didn't even put a bike in the boot of the car.

I just needed a day off the bike as in the past two weeks I've done a 70 miler, 44 miles round Rutland Water, 10 consecutive days of commuting (between 25 & 30 miles round trip per day) and a 10 mile shopping run & a 50 miler yesterday.

Reactions: gbb

Jimidh

Veteran
6FC01DEC-92A0-44E4-9555-B7A22FF6B1C3.jpeg
I deliberately missed the club ride today due to a hectic week and enjoyed a lazy morning dossing in the kitchen and gabbing to my wife ( some weeks we are like passing ships).

I did get out this afternoon but it was a gentle 10 mile spin with my wee wife, ginormous son and small daughter.

That’s me at the back - giving my daughter a start ( or so I say!!)

All very enjoyable.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
I have a long ride in a couple of weeks so would have liked a decent ride today. As it was I got out at 6.30am and did 50k. surpisingly warm even then and didn't feel in particularly great form either.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
You might not remember some years ago, when I was attacked by my bike and received a chain ring injury during a ride on the New Forest called The Hampshire Bimble? Yesterday another of my bikes did the same, sliding down a small slope after being lifted over a gate (the bike, not me) and gashing my shin. Tim deployed his impressively comprehensive first aid kit :sad:.
! GWS.

About 3 miles to pick my car up after watching matches round a mates.... Really hard work the old head was still banging and that was 7pm but what a beautiful evening need to get out through the week a bit more (and lay off the ale until Wednesday! ITS COMING HOME ⚽️

Buck

Guru
Managed a 20 mile ride yesterday with a view to a longer ride today but then had a flare up of my CD last night so had a poor nights sleep and just couldn’t muster the enthusiasm this morning. Plan B was a ride this evening but cramps and no food today has put paid to that one.

Being optimistic that I might get a short ride out tomorrow evening but will not know until tomorrow evening itself !

Lonestar

Veteran
Not yesterday as I was up today at 0130am for work.Did do ten miles on the turbo trainer in 85 degree heat.Meant to do 20 but ran out of time and fell asleep in the afternoon...meaning that I actually woke up at 12am.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damn,it's just too hot to ride....again!! I'd like to go for a ride today,but it's going to be 6.30 at the earliest. I overheard someone saying yesterday "It's because we're not used to it. We haven't become climatised to it yet".They say that usually at the star of a heatwave,but we've been getting this heat for months now,so surely we should be 'climatised'? I don't think no matter how long you live in such temperatures you can get used to it because it's not what our bodies like. We just have to learn to live with it. :sweat: :heat:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Me. I went to the lake district on my motorbike instead, and will do the return journey today.
I beg for forgiveness for being a tart when it comes to toys with wheels!

Top Bottom