Who else didnt ride today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Damn,it's just too hot to ride....again!! I'd like to go for a ride today,but it's going to be 6.30 at the earliest. I overheard someone saying yesterday "It's because we're not used to it. We haven't become climatised to it yet".They say that usually at the star of a heatwave,but we've been getting this heat for months now,so surely we should be 'climatised'? I don't think no matter how long you live in such temperatures you can get used to it because it's not what our bodies like. We just have to learn to live with it. :sweat: :heat:
Months? Are you sure about that? A couple of weeks at most. I know someone who's child was doing a Duke of Edinburgh award journey this weekend in the Brecon Beacons. The original trip, planned for April, was postponed due to ice and snow. April to July, that's only months.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We haven't been "getting this heat for months now", it has been 16 days.

Months? Are you sure about that? A couple of weeks at most. I know someone who's child was doing a Duke of Edinburgh award journey this weekend in the Brecon Beacons. The original trip, planned for April, was postponed due to ice and snow. April to July, that's only months.

Up here it started in late April. Ok,it wasn't as warm then as it is now(obviously)but it was way above average. If i remember rightly we had a warm spring while it was peeing it down "darn sarf". Nope,it's definitely been warm to hot up here since April!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Damn,it's just too hot to ride....again!! I'd like to go for a ride today,but it's going to be 6.30 at the earliest. I overheard someone saying yesterday "It's because we're not used to it. We haven't become climatised to it yet".They say that usually at the star of a heatwave,but we've been getting this heat for months now,so surely we should be 'climatised'? I don't think no matter how long you live in such temperatures you can get used to it because it's not what our bodies like. We just have to learn to live with it. :sweat: :heat:
At work by 6.30 this morning , not too bad and coming home was a lot pleasanter .

Rustybucket

Veteran
Me all weekend, had a sickness bug xx(

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm going out at some point today,probably this morning. It's mostly cloudy and although i haven't ventured out yet it looks a little cooler than of late. I even found my sweatband which was on top of the recycling bin outside. God knows how it got there?! I've heard that this is a break in the weather as tomorrow the heat and burning sun are set to return!:ohmy: :heat:

Old jon

Guru
The vet found a break at the wrist end of my radius this morning, guess it has been there for the eight weeks since I broke my clavicle. Another 28 days off the bike. Worse this time, I have been told not to play guitar.

Oh well, it will be so much fun when I can start again!

Top Bottom