Who else has a garden that is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c2c

redredrobin
summerdays said:
Don't give up on the plants too soon .. I was about to dig up a shrub that seemed to have died... I'd checked in several places on the plant and the wood was dead... then on the day I got out the big loppers to cut it down and dig it out I discovered a shoot right at the very base of the stem...

I have lost some plants such as cistus, but that's always the risk of growing tender plants... good excuse to go to the garden centre:biggrin:

mrs c2c had that once, and she said it was very tender...........;). sorry.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
cistus, cistus, never were there such deadheaded cistus:wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not in the garden but in an unheated conservatory, my cactus has flowered and the bouganvilla too.

IMG_0876.jpg

Norm

Kirstie said:
Righto then. I'll scalp it. :biggrin:
Thanks for the advice norm
That's not quite what I said. Wait until the new shoots come through before hacking off the old leaves. :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We lost a cordyline redstar (only knew by looking up - seeing posts on here) as we've seen loads of these dead - we'd wrapped it up most winters, this winter was OK so didn't...until the snow.....then the freeze, completely killed it........ the nice big blue pot that took pride of place in the front garden has some little marigolds in it now...bugger........

Other than that it's been a very slow start...... grass needs a quick weed & feed, then after cut feeds, but daren't at the moment - it's not growing enough, and its so dry....not had much rain at all......... My grass was totally lush and weed free at the end of May last year....looks like early March out there............

al78

Guru
Crankarm said:
Why is it the f'kin weeds never get wiped out? Bl00dy dandelions and nettles everywhere.

Because (most of) the weeds are natural to this country and so have evolved to be optimised for our climate. Much of the stuff you find in garden centres isn't.

Norm

al78 said:
Because (most of) the weeds are natural to this country and so have evolved to be optimised for our climate. Much of the stuff you find in garden centres isn't.
Indeed - and see my earlier post for the stuff in our front garden which has been perfectly ok surviving what was really just a pretty normal winter. ;)

Top Bottom