Who else has a garden that is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

totally knackered

Just walking about mine there and there are plants, trees and bushes that are dead as dodos from the winter. Thought they were just recovering but it's obvious they are well and truly dead.

I know it's been cold, but still!!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Greedo said:
totally knackered

Just walking about mine there and there are plants, trees and bushes that are dead as dodos from the winter. Thought they were just recovering but it's obvious they are well and truly dead.

I know it's been cold, but still!!

McSnap. I've got three gardens around my house (medium front, small side and large rear) and it's hard work when everything's McTicketty-boo but after this winter, there's a few that are dead and a profusion of bushes, branches and all sorts of McStuff all over the blinkin' flip place. It drives me bloody MacMad it does!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
we have lost quite a few feature plants over the winter this yr that were meant to be hardy , so have chopped them right back to see if a good haircut brings them back to life

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Don't give up on the plants too soon .. I was about to dig up a shrub that seemed to have died... I'd checked in several places on the plant and the wood was dead... then on the day I got out the big loppers to cut it down and dig it out I discovered a shoot right at the very base of the stem...

I have lost some plants such as cistus, but that's always the risk of growing tender plants... good excuse to go to the garden centre:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When I bought the house I am in now. It was previously owned by an elderly couple who's passion was for gardening.. When they left they said to me that I hoped I will look after the garden.. great I thought, I know nothing about gardening.. I get a gardener in once a month.. he does all the main bits, I just keep it neat and tidy.. Still looks very nice after 4 years.. am learning which plants are which, which to cut back with relish and which to go easy with.. also those that look dead and are dead and those that look dead but will grow back..

Crankarm

Guru
There are a few bushes and plants that appear well and truly dead in my garden. One variegated bush I have been naturing for about 4 years now, last year it finally started to thrive, but this winter was very cold over a long period and it is about as dead as dead. Why is it the f'kin weeds never get wiped out? Bl00dy dandelions and nettles everywhere.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Because of the mild winters we've been used to, people have planted and garden centres have sold, a lot of inappropriate plants for our natural climate. There are a lot of dead exotic palms, cordylines etc round here.

wafflycat

Got veggies sprouting. The chard & spinach beet overwintered quite well. Lost the rosemary bushes. The parsley has self-seeded all over the place. Got various spuds in, a couple of gooseberry bushes, salads, herbs, beans & squashes in pots.. Off to put the frost protection on the tender stuff.

Top Bottom