Who has bought a helmet recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
im after a new lid and am after riders thoughts on their new helmet. What have you gone for and what did it replace?

I'm after something compact but something which I can slip/slot my glasses into when I'm not using them. Budget isn't endless but it's a summer helmet so lightweight and not black are key

Thanks, Kev

Specialized Tactic II for £55
Great helmet for the money,and it gives you good ventilation,so plenty of slots for your gregory's^_^
It has a removable visor.
Replaced a Giro Hammerhead SC(super cool),which was getting way too old.
I bought it it for my MTB'ing,but I don't see why it cant be used for road cycling as it's sleek enough.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I got one of these last year: https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-max-xl-helmet-EV180290 in white (yellow was out of stock). Regular readers may recall how Evans refused to sell me a white one in the shop, saying they only did the Max XL in black. So I went home and ordered a white one for delivery...

I've got a big head, so choice was limited (and I don't have a Specialized bike), but it is a world sleeker than the mushroom like black (and now apparently discontinued) Bell XLV it replaced. It has a detachable visor so I can use it on or off road too.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
This is not going to help at all, but WTF is a "compact" helmet?

It's a helmet after a car has gone over it :smile:

A helmet which doesn't make your head look 10 times bigger. One of the lads has a Spesh lid which looks huge and has a vent of the front which makes it look like a big cheesy grin.

I've tried a lot of road and MTB helmets and I've crossed Bell and Bontager from the list, they just don't sit right.

The info request was just as northerndave and oskartennischamp offered, a comparison against their old lid

Info on the Hammerhead SC.
Great lid,but as you say,it was like a half melon on my head.Smalller vents as well,so not so supercool sometimes
The Tactic II is way more sleeker,but probably offers more protection than the HH.Way smarter too.In Silver
There is innovation in cycling protection almost every month it seems.

Firestorm

Veteran
I won a Lazer 02 a couple of months ago, worn it twice and it seems rather good, certainly cooler (temperature) than my skateboard style KTM helmet, which is way cooler......

im after a new lid and am after riders thoughts on their new helmet. What have you gone for and what did it replace?

I'm after something compact but something which I can slip/slot my glasses into when I'm not using them. Budget isn't endless but it's a summer helmet so lightweight and not black are key

Thanks, Kev
If budget is no problem, I'd suggest this.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Casco/Warp-Sprint-Helmet/2KJ3

Super light, strong as an ox, removable visor, surprisingly cool, even in 28 degree heat, during a 100 mile event, and it looks good as well. I may be slightly biased (because I've had one for a couple of years), but it is very good.

Top Bottom