Who has not posted on the "Tea?" thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Alan H said:
If I nominated England as probably the worst place on the planet for getting a cup of coffee or tea in public, would I leave the thread with my life?

Yeah. Coffee has improved, you can at least get an average one now and tea has always been variable. Tea in Germany is served black, sometimes in a glass and tends to be coarser than tea here. So what about the Nederlands then?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Crackle said:
So what about the Nederlands then?

Tea and coffee always come black, coffee with a separate serving of milk and often a biscuit. Tea is ususaly served as a glass of hot water and a tea bagxx(. Sometimes the choice is restricted to fruit and herbal teasxx(:biggrin:. Coffee is usually either good or very, very bad.

I drink only tea at home and only coffee in cafe's/restaurants.

wafflycat

Worst coffee I've ever had: Paris

Best coffee I've ever had: UK - home, freshly ground beans made into a seriously good espresso. I also do a damn fine cappucino and latte. Germany does good coffee too. Also Austria. Coffee bought in Italian cafes/bars/restaurants was exceedingly variable in quality.

November 07, in Paris for a long weekend - eating out was *interesting* as there was very little evidence of fruit or vegetables being a major part of a menu!

Gone are the days when eating & drinking out in the UK was always dire. The UK has some great food on sale in pubs, cafes, restaurants all over the place.

Pete

Worst coffee I ever had, I think, was at a crematorium. I'd arrived a bit early for someone's funeral. Seems sort of appropriate and somehow symbolic, doesn't it? I still speculate as to what the coffee was made from...

Point of this thread? Well, I can easily tell that I have posted on the Tea thread, twice, back in December. I just look at the tick mark against the thread title. Once, was to query, what was the point of the thread. I think I was answered, then. But I believe it's impossible, short of a full search :biggrin:, to tell who else has posted on a particular thread. Maybe the Mods can, but I can't. Probably just as well...

Arch

Married to Night Train
The 'point' of the tea thread, if it must have one (and lets face it, a lot of threads don't really) is for anyone who fancies to, to drop in, natter aimlessly for a bit about whatever happens to crop up, and then drop out when they fancy - a sort of common room. I think it's sort of like a condensed CycleChatCafe - fewer people, and perhaps a greater percentage of nonsense (funny nonsense, not stupid nonsense). I didn't venture in much to start with, but I've inveigled my way in, and I love it now. In fact, I think I've made a good friend through hanging out in there.

And unlike a lot of threads, there is rarely, if ever, any abuse. Ok, we did all gang up on someone a bit yesterday when he fell asleep and we played Buckaroo with him and all the furniture, but he took it in good heart...

If every thread has to have a point, like Waffleycat says, I think it would be very dull.

With regard to the worst tea/coffee bought - there's was cafe, about 10 years ago now I suppose, attached to a craft centre in Bonar Bridge, on the East Coast of Scotland between Inverness and Wick, where they served drinks labelled Tea and Coffee, but which were both, as far as I could tell, dishwashing water...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i'm blessed at work with not only a starbucks concession (85p for a cappo), but for free we can get kenco coffee (use the espresso as a base for a nice cuppa) and, for lottp's ilk, we have a selection of different teas like assam, earl grey etc (as well as a load of herbal stuff), as well as good old fashioned builder's tea.

mcd

I've not posted there - life's to short to go through even some of the pages to work out what's going on. Besides, I prefer hot chocolate.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Spain is the best country for coffee.
I love coffee, but I mostly drink the instant stuff at work, cos it's easier to make sitting at my desk. At home I make good strong coffee in a machinetta.
In caffs, I usually opt for tea (black), as the coffee is very weak and goes cold very quickly.

barq

Smeggers said:
Its a clique for post-count whores.
[grabs coat and runs!]

Hehe! You'll be for it now. ;)

I haven't posted on the tea thread - recently I've been a bit too busy to follow long threads. Actually I can imagine that part of its charm is being a relatively small group so on that basis I don't feel bad about ignoring it. :blush:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I havent, or at leat i dont think so.
Mainly because i dont want to read through all the pages to catch up.

gavintc

Guru
I dont drink much tea and try to avoid eating tea so I presumed that there would nothing of interest in the thread. Indeed, until this discussion started, I had not even looked at it. I think I will keep out.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Worst coffee ever...cafe at Portsmouth ferry port in 1996 where I sailed back into after living in France for a year. Nearly spat it out in horror...what was in that stuff?

Best coffee ever...France. Anywhere. Sat outside in the sunshine, wearing shades and eyeing up the locals.

Strongest coffee ever...Alghero, Sardinia. Ran VERY fast to the loo ;)

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Crackle said:
Honestly? I tried one of those capsule machines, not yours, and it was awful. Given that Germany is one of the best places for getting a good cup of coffee. Movenpick et al, I'm surprised.

America is, in my opinion, one of the worst places to get a good coffee. So any nominations for worst and best countries for coffee?

Yeah, straight up. It makes really brilliant coffee. An ex-girlfriend who is a bit of a gourmet was so convinced by it that she went and got one herself. The trick is getting the milk right with the steam whotsit.

Top Bottom