Who hasn't been out on their bike this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I've been to both Ikea and B&Q.

By car.

I'm the epitome of cliched bank holidayness.

potsy

Rambler
No rides for me either despite various plans of little rides.Last ride was Tuesdays commute,bikes looking lovely and clean sat in the corner:biggrin:

sayek1

Managed a 47 miler on Saturday - longest ride I've ever done, but got my new Verenti Millook so needed to try it out. The route included a long trip down the coast from Gourouck and then from Largs up over the top of the bray - about 500 feet in less than 2kms I think.

To be honest I felt great up until about the last 5-miles and then began to flag a bit. However, my aim is the Trossachs Ton in June so this bodes well.

Too wet today to cycle into work - by wet I mean that the ducks were finding it difficult! However, will try again on Wednesday.

D

Deleted member 1258

No, rest weekend. Having ridden the last four Sundays, one of them a 99 miler, and having done 65 miles a week to and from work since the middle of January the plan was a ride Good Friday then no cycling till back to work Tuesday. But the weather intervened so I got no ride Friday so its going to be four days off the bike. I am hoping it will do me some good, I was getting a bit dull and heavy legged over the last couple of weeks.

potsy

Rambler
I make it 9-4 posts in favour of those who have ridden-on a 'who hasn't ridden' thread:biggrin:
ps not counting longers as he has a foot in both camps.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
no rides this weekend, saving myself for the commuting. in fact concentrating more on the commuting has put my monthly mileage right up. just short of 400 miles last month

miles2010.jpg

this has also made me reconsider the fact that the bike im now using the most is also the cheapest :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Landslide said:
I've been to both Ikea and B&Q.

By car.

I'm the epitome of cliched bank holidayness.

Hah! I see your cliche and raise it by...a visit to the tip!

GazK

Veteran
I managed a paltry 14 miler today - my excuse was I was recording GPS waypoints for open street map, so loads of stops. Nice south westerly blowing in my face on the way back - it seems to have been blowing solidly since last Saturday.

I got a ride in, so I won't post here.

Erm...

darkstar

longers said:
There seems to be quite a few people replying who have been out on their bikes.

I'm sure there's another thread somewhere for that sort of thing.

I cycled today, not over the weekend :biggrin:

Big fat zero on both counts - no chores done or miles (feeling sorry for myself with a chest infection). And it was all going so well in terms of building up the miles (averaging 200 a week for the 5 weeks prior to last week! Drats.)

Still, felt well enough to give the bike a thorough going over - I even took the jockey wheels out of the rear mech and greased the bearings. I may not have much strength when i venture back out on the bike later this week but the bike should run well!

Klaus

gaz said:
4 day bank holiday weekend, perfect time to get some miles under the belt in preparation for summer rides.

Managed to do some riding on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Monday was Ikea day!). Just about 15 miles which is a good start for me as I am only just re-starting on a bike after many years.

darkstar said:
Woops spelling has always been my weakness :smile:

Ah well, if that's your only weakness, you're doing well :biggrin:

I'm lurgied, in fact March has not been a good month and April hasn't started to well.

Top Bottom