Who is at fault here? And what can be learnt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
As a cyclist when I approach a Zebra crossing I expect people to dart across the road. If no one darts across then to me it is a bonus. But if they do, then I am ready to stop. I feel both driver and ped are idiots and when 2 idiots cross paths on the road, there is a near miss or a collision. Although NOT a graphic video, I would advise not to watch with children present.

(nothing else happens after 25 seconds)

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

simo105

Pedestrian is a complete numpty! More concerned about not missing the bus! Another problem is she runs behind a car so gives them less chance to be seen! I work for a company who Belives every accident is avoidable (even a shunt up ur arse) and the advise for car driver is he was going to quick approaching a crossing and perhaps been more aware!

The car driver can't even see if anyone's on the crossing and just ploughs ahead. Driving into a space they have no idea is clear.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
To me, the driver is at fault. He should have spotted the person running towards the crossing and anticipated the next move. By the way, did the car drive off afterwards?

OP
OP
Mr_Kipling

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
To me, the driver is at fault. He should have spotted the person running towards the crossing and anticipated the next move. By the way, did the car drive off afterwards?
I'm not sure if the car drove off, but to me it looks like they were pulling to the side. Most that drive away do so at speed.

U

User6179

QUOTE="glenn forger, post: 3368754, member: 27978"]The car driver can't even see if anyone's on the crossing and just ploughs ahead. Driving into a space they have no idea is clear.[/QUOTE]

Yes the driver seems not to have slowed or looked but for me the Ped should wait till traffic stops before crossing .

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
At 07 it looks like she sees the cars and target. At the end of 11 seconds the women spots the car but continues to run rather than stopping she try's to keep in front of the car to hit the bonnet I suspect an insurance scam. Driver is pretty blameless in this and this screams insurance scam to me or she just really stupid.
Hope it hurt if so

Last edited:

Firestorm

Veteran
Points I noticed
the driver could not see if the crossing was clear on his right
the pedestrian did not wait for the traffic to stop before crossing
Two cyclists and a scooter rider overtook in a zig zag area ,vehicles waiting at the crossing after the accident

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The driver could not see the woman, she was out of his/her field of vision. She hit the car half way down and was several feet in front of the crossing. Stupid thing to do.
What can be learnt? I should think she's already learnt it.

Last edited:

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
I would say the pedestrian.

Also appears to me that by running behind the dark coloured car both parties may well be shielded from view of each other.

Possibly more anticipation from the car driver may have a different outcome. But sprinting across the road like that is bound to end badly eventually.

Top Bottom