Who is brave enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I don't know about where you live but here, in North Wales, it is consistently raining so I wonder who is brave enough to go for a ride in those conditions? Certainly not me. My Specialized Allez is my designated winter bike but the way things are, I think it is about to become my spring bike.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Been out over the top of the Peak District this morning, does that count?

There's old fools and brave fools, but there are no old brave fools...….

Slick

Guru
If you didn't ride in the rain round here you would never ride. :okay:

I reckon it adds to the challenge and since I don't work outside anymore, I welcome it.

I find myself checking XC Weather more as I'm more interested in wind speed and direction when planning a ride.

Jimidh

Veteran
I’ve not been out today but living in Scotland i’d never be out on a bike if I didn’t rode in bad weather.

Although if it’s really wet I usually hit the mountain bike or the CX for some off road riding .

Drago

Legendary Member
Rain, ice, snow, take them in my stride. High winds, nah. Don't want a Gordon Kaye incident going down.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's lovely in London, really hot and sunny, with a few gusts.
I know the West is getting a pounding, but out East it is an Indian Summer.
I have been for a parkrun and mowed the lawn.

Katherine

Guru
I don't know about where you live but here, in North Wales, it is consistently raining so I wonder who is brave enough to go for a ride in those conditions? Certainly not me. My Specialized Allez is my designated winter bike but the way things are, I think it is about to become my spring bike.

I think it's more about investing in decent waterproof kit, allowing time to get ready and drying everything afterwards. Planning where you are going to put your wet things while you have a hot shower.

Tips from me include wearing a helmet with a visor and yellow cycling glasses cut out the glare of car lights in the rain.
Mudguards stop you splashing yourself and others. A flap on the front mudguard stops your feet getting as wet .
If you make sure you don't get too cold you'll enjoy being out. If you are going for a longer ride, take a spare pair of gloves to change into. Make sure you have your sleave cuffs over the ends of the gloves.

pjd57

Veteran
15 miles on the canal path in Glasgow this morning.
Things to do , rather than an outing.

Very wet, but not much wind .
More bothered by the leaves than anything else.

On my hybrid today. More for the rack , but happier with the wider tyres as well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
45 mins on the turbo - had to get showered really fast as my son was mega late for work and couldn't have got there unless I drove him. Wasn't up early enough - good job I haden't decided to do an hour !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've cycled to and from work in such conditions. The pig-headed utility cyclist doesn't have much choice... however yesterday, I was keeping a very close eye and ear on the wind battered trees I rode past.

Rockn Robin

I suppose if those were the conditions a lot of the time, I would ride. Here in Arizona where I live, we don't get much rain, and when it does I stay home. Besides, I don't want to have to clean the bike after. I like it shiny and clean, just like the day I bought it. ^_^

Top Bottom