Who is hibernating now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I don't want to bust anyone's thread but I have a genuine interest. My dad did the same, suffered with it for a few years, controlling it with medication until he had a heart attack and he was given a bypass and it never bothered him again for the remaining years of his life. My brother had chest pains, and was whipped into hospital the same day and had 5 stents inserted. I wondered if that was the difference between then and now, but probably more a thousand possibilities depending on the individual. I hope you don't mind the enquiry, I would hate to unsettle anyone.
You're OK, I don't mind the enquiry, things have changed since I had my stents put in in 2008, there are things I need to catch up on now, its all to do with the march of progress. The stent operation is a far less invasive procedure than the bypass and will serve most people well, but like most things occasionally it can go wrong.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Exactly the same in the SE. And I did exactly you said, got out there for a fantastic ride.

Snap, one of the best rides I've had this year was today

Johnno260

Veteran
I haven't hibernated yet, something I am tempted by the LBS has moved their Tuesday night ride to online, they use the Zwift app and compatible trainer and discord, looks fun.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
yes and no, i'm still commuting via bike, but no big rides yet, although i'm quite sad and like to go out for a decent ride on xmas day before xmas dinner

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I haven't hibernated yet, something I am tempted by the LBS has moved their Tuesday night ride to online, they use the Zwift app and compatible trainer and discord, looks fun.
Some shop club cyclists like to pretend they're so flipping hard, then they go pull shoot like that. It's 12°c and sunny at 8am today. I've got the autumn/spring jacket back out of the wardrobe. It's not winter yet and definitely not hibernation time!

Johnno260

Veteran
Some shop club cyclists like to pretend they're so flipping hard, then they go pull shoot like that. It's 12°c and sunny at 8am today. I've got the autumn/spring jacket back out of the wardrobe. It's not winter yet and definitely not hibernation time!

They still do their weekend rides, they pulled the evening ones as no one was turning up, I suppose it's just technology changing things.

I can't afford a trainer and all the associated gear, if it's not blowing a gale and or icy I will head out still, I can understand people using trainers as well.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Looking at near 70 for a high temperature tomorrow and Thursday. I may get out tomorrow, but I'll still cycle down to about 35 degrees, then plague the gym with my presence after that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't afford a trainer and all the associated gear, if it's not blowing a gale and or icy I will head out still, I can understand people using trainers as well.
I don't. It takes the best bits away from cycling. It seems like a more expensive version of going to the gym with less social interaction. Using the ice bike might be much much slower but it's still faster than 0mph on a trainer!

Adam4868

Guru
Never was a gym person,couldnt do 5 mins without getting bored.Still have turbo in the garage which I've been on once in 3 years ! Saying that it's too windy for me today !!

Top Bottom