Who is hibernating now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My social group that I used to ride with in the summer are all tucked up for the winter already. Not heard a peep from them since mid October.
My ride was with the local group. They were very kind not lynching me for stopping on the exposed fen (not that there's any tree sturdy enough, else I would have sheltered under it! :laugh:) and one even waited to pace me back.

Our rides shorten, some get altered and some postponed, but there's still plenty of lovely stuff to see before the fair weather clubs start again near Easter.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Today is a fantastic day for a ride. Quite sunny, no wind, about 8 degrees

Wear some warmish clothes and there are few better days. Don't hibernate, get out there and enjoy

D

Deleted member 1258

Wear some warmish clothes and there are few better days. Don't hibernate, get out there and enjoy

I wish I could, currently in hospital having had a serious angina attack.

Flyboy

All year round here , once thought I had frost bite in my feet mind, I was riding around Cilcain in about 6 inches of snow , even called into the post office to try to buy dry socks ha ha .

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

Was fab this morning coming home from work at 7am. The sun was just breaking through the misty haze and the roads were Sunday morning quietish, it was like a perfect autumn morning and warm enough to manage without the fleecy hat ^_^

johnnyb47

Guru
I have a 33 year old Peugeot road bike that is immaculate, and it grieves me to get it covered in salt and cow muck down the filthy roads were I live, so it's now hibernating by the kitchen radiator I'm the warmth and dry. It would drive me mad though not to be able to got out cycling this time of the year, so I now use my Giant MTB. This bike s not pampered like the Pug and I'm quiet happy for it to get caked in mud and salt. It gets a quick wash and oil when needed and plenty of use down the mucky lanes whilst the pampered pug sleeps through the winter months.

D

Deleted member 1258

Wow, not good. I hope you get over this set back, and your back out there clocking up the miles soon.

Do stents cure angina?

The short answer is no, Angina is the heart complaining its not getting a good enough blood supply. When they do angioplasty they clear the blockage in the artery, they then put a stent, a small tube, in to keep the artery open. But there's always a danger of developing another blockage or a problem developing with the stent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick

Guru
The short amswer is no, Angina is the heart complaining its not getting a good enough blood supply. When they do angioplasty they clear the blockage in the artery, they then put a stent in to keep the artery open. But there's always a danger of developing another blockage developing or a problem developing with the stent.
Oh, okay. Another myth busted, thanks for the info, and get well soon.

D

Deleted member 1258

Oh, okay. Another myth busted, thanks for the info, and get well soon.

I've had eight years with no pain or problems, I managed it with medication and diet, I was a bit slower but could cycle almost as I did before. Its just that a problem has developed now and needs sorting.

Slick

Guru
I've had eight years with no pain or problems, I managed it with medication and diet, I was a bit slower but could cycle almost as I did before. Its just that a problem has developed now and needs sorting.
I don't want to bust anyone's thread but I have a genuine interest. My dad did the same, suffered with it for a few years, controlling it with medication until he had a heart attack and he was given a bypass and it never bothered him again for the remaining years of his life. My brother had chest pains, and was whipped into hospital the same day and had 5 stents inserted. I wondered if that was the difference between then and now, but probably more a thousand possibilities depending on the individual. I hope you don't mind the enquiry, I would hate to unsettle anyone.

Top Bottom