Who is not clipped in and why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer not clipped in. I like the option of being able to have a quick "dab" if I think I am going to fall - especially off road. Also I like to be able to walk freely when I am off the bike.

So I go for DMR V8 pedals (which have little studs screwed into them that grip to the bottom of your shoes, but which will knock holes in your shins pretty easily....)

OP
OP
L

Ladytrucker

Guys, got myself sorted with a lovely pair of white/pink/navy astroturff trainers for on the bike. Look the part waterproof(ish) and warm. Good grip on the bottom and they also do them in a very high viz yellow/green if I want to look like a highlighter in the winter. For the rest of the summer these will do. :girldance:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I'm clipped in, look Keo2 carbon and titanium pedals.. I find being clipped in gives me better control over my Q.factor which has in turn improved my performances and consistency.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Guys, got myself sorted with a lovely pair of white/pink/navy astroturff trainers for on the bike. Look the part waterproof(ish) and warm. Good grip on the bottom and they also do them in a very high viz yellow/green if I want to look like a highlighter in the winter. For the rest of the summer these will do. :girldance:

How stiff is the sole ?

OP
OP
L

Ladytrucker

About the same as my trainers, I don't need stiff soles I just need the grip for my cage pedals. I was looking for slim shoes which were not mesh and I like these. I don't do the serious miles some of you guys do and don't need to have hard soles.

tomahawk

Started with clipless last Thursday. Rode for 9 miles and they were super - definitely an improved riding experience - I like the fact that I can unclip one pedal and then just pull up my clipped in foot to bring the pedal up ready for riding. Then I decided to stop in a grassy area at the side and forgot to unclip and over I went. It's easy to unclip but the trick is to remember to unclip. I completed the last couple of miles without incident so we'll see how I do on the commute this week.

Cupra

Started with clipless last Thursday. Rode for 9 miles and they were super - definitely an improved riding experience - I like the fact that I can unclip one pedal and then just pull up my clipped in foot to bring the pedal up ready for riding. Then I decided to stop in a grassy area at the side and forgot to unclip and over I went. It's easy to unclip but the trick is to remember to unclip. I completed the last couple of miles without incident so we'll see how I do on the commute this week.
at least it was on grass.

Top Bottom