Who needs an Airzound.......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decided to take the road bike in this morning - lovely warm (hot) morning..

Pulled away from the lights - primary outside lane.... suddenly a 'lady' pulls out from the local shops' layby, no looking, no indication. As I'm in primary and also shifting along, I just swing by her right (either that or rear end her) - so as I'm now level with her closed window....... "Oi".... well she literally left her seat :smile: - must have jumped a couple of inches :smile: "Use your eyes".... then I'm off into the distance...

She then passes 100 yards later honking her horn...that's it :tongue::evil:, so I chase her down, almost locking the rear wheel up as I pull up beside her "You pulled out without Looking - use your eyes.....stupid cow"........ then I carried on - needless to say she kept a wide berth the next couple of times she passed me....

A little later on, I am in primary (and also near the white line), down a residential side street, passing lots of parked cars. Fella in a big Citroen right up my ass wanting to get past (20-23 mph) - Gap appears in oncoming traffic so he floors it....... to pull in and stop on the pavement just in front of me to go to another local shop..... I had to brake so just shook my and spotted the open window, so just said "What was the point" - I got a "FCUK OFF" back....the angry little man.....probably fretting over the price of his diesel....:smile:

What is it with local shops and not looking....... other than that, a great commute...off for the long way home tonight (20 miles) !!!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
One bit of my commute is a nice bit of straight road, with a long layby next to a parade of shops. It's wild: doors opening, vehicles pulling out, overtaking and pulling in, half-overtaking and pulling in..

Maz

Guru
Catrike UK said:
I call the "pass and pull in" brigade papi's because they are sh*t drivers.
I just call them sh*t drivers. What's a 'papi', anyway?

hackbike 6

I like airzound but it's a bit of a pain filling it up all the time or finding it's flat when I need it most.My 2 moped horns do a great job.2 peds about to cross on the red man at Mile End the other week because they were stupid.I soon changed their minds by keeping my finger on the button.The cyclist behind me was well impressed.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I found "Well done" scared the women enough today. She opened the door without looking. I swung out(door wouldnt of got me but would of been close) and said well done, she has a startled look on her face and closed the door. The thing is, if i hadnt of said anything to her, the car behind would of got it:eek:

andyfromotley

local shops = local drivers = heads up a*rse.

domd1979

Veteran
Airzounds are 115dB iirc. I had two and both seemed to lose the air out the reservoir after a couple of days even though I hadn't sounded it at all which was bloody frustrating when I did go to use it. So.... I fitted one of these to my bike:

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?client_id=7&prod_id=8848

139dB. Fantastic. Though it does need a fairly meaty battery as it draws 18 amps!!

andyfromotley said:
By the way , how loud are those airhornz? and how long do they last for?

andy

Wolf04

Who needs an Airzound?

I did twice in 300 yards. Commute home tonight, overtaking a bus which is stationary at bus stop, I'm almost level with the driver when he pulls out and indicates at same time. No biggie I was watching out for it, a brief blast to let him know I'm there he waits and I cycle on and politely wave to acknowledge his belated manners. We carry on until I'm approaching a small RB and he decides to overtake, trouble is he has to stop because of oncoming traffic turning right, so he pulls across me and waits, couldn't possibly be trying to bully me bus drivers don't do that. A somewhat longer blast follows just to make sure he hasn't forgotten I'm there. He pulls in twenty yards further on so I pull up next to him and give him the what the xxxx was all that about then look, unfortunately he must have hurt his neck as all he could do was stare straight ahead . I'll stick with my 120db Airzound thanks.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I prefere my voice. It is just as loud probably, different tunes come out of it, and different tones. More adaptable then the Airzound and it refills itself all the time;)

Maz

Guru
Joe24 said:
I prefere my voice. It is just as loud probably, different tunes come out of it, and different tones. More adaptable then the Airzound and it refills itself all the time;)
My point exactly.

Top Bottom