Who regularly enjoys a full cooked breakfast ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Not quite full on but it'll do for this morning.

IMG_20220430_121229.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ummm have you checked the ingredients of your cocktail sausages upthread (even if made of quorn, they’d contain salt…)

I might have a veggie breakfast for lunch when I meet a friend later :hungry:

Er, those cocktail sausages are 'low salt'.:whistle: So low in fact that even me who's not a salt fan finds them bland. I bought them as a treat for my mutt. There were 70 in the packet/box, so we still have a fair way to go before they're gone.:okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Being from Lancashire, the 'home of black pudding', I was force fed them as a child. I still think about those half inch square pieces of semi raw pig fat in the things!xx( :ohmy:

I'm sure that semi-raw pig fat can be enjoyed at times.......but breakfast isn't one of them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm sure that semi-raw pig fat can be enjoyed at times.......but breakfast isn't one of them.

I worked in an old folks home 30 odd years ago. The 'chief officer' in charge when she was on duty poured the fat left in the grill pan, after the staff on duty had grilled their breakfast break sausages, black puddings etc, onto 2 slices of toast for her breakfast. How scary is that I ask?! :eek:

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I worked in an old folks home 30 odd years ago. The 'chief officer' in charge when she was on duty poured the fat left in the grill pan, after the staff on duty had grilled their breakfast break sausages, black puddings etc, onto 2 slices of toast for her breakfast. How scary is that I ask?! :eek:

Fat isn't necessarily bad. The Inuit lived on a diet that comprised almost entirely of animal fat and protein. Vegetables and fruit were almost unknown to them. They had a genetic disposition to thrive that way.
https://theiflife.com/the-inuit-paradox-high-fat-lower-heart-disease-and-cancer/

I'm just objecting to conducting a similar experiment at breakfast.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fat isn't necessarily bad. The Inuit lived on a diet that comprised almost entirely of animal fat and protein. Vegetables and fruit were almost unknown to them. They had a genetic disposition to thrive that way.
https://theiflife.com/the-inuit-paradox-high-fat-lower-heart-disease-and-cancer/

I'm just objecting to conducting a similar experiment at breakfast.

I heard a question posed on the radio a short while ago, asking what'd happen if you lived solely on rabbit meat. The answer was you wouldn't live too long, due to a high protein, but no fat diet.🤔

Top Bottom