Who regularly enjoys a full cooked breakfast ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
SAme here, I had one on a short break to Falmouth last weekend. Excellent food but the thing that let it down was 2 fried eggs which were sunny side up and had a load of goo on top xx(. I don't mind a runny egg, but I draw the line at uncooked white which resembles cow saliva

Not into full breakfasts but I'll often eat 4 scrambled eggs or 6 rashers of bacon in a bun at the weekend. I'm more of a reduced ingredients list breakfaster I think. Possibly easier to prepare but also you can enjoy the individual components better eaten as the focus of the meal.

BTW I was glad when they scrapped that old belief that eggs were bad for you and you should have something like one a week. I need 4 to keep me going, which they do rather well. I might drop to 3 eggs if there's salmon trimmings to add in place of the 4th egg. All healthy stuff right?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
SAme here, I had one on a short break to Falmouth last weekend. Excellent food but the thing that let it down was 2 fried eggs which were sunny side up and had a load of goo on top xx(. I don't mind a runny egg, but I draw the line at uncooked white which resembles cow saliva

Wife's cousin calls them snotty eggs.... sums it up for me :rolleyes:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Just when I'm at work on 12 hour days, so it's twice every 8 days unless I'm off on holiday. But that is just a couple of small Cumberland sausages in a roll with a fried egg on top. It's the only thing they can get edible in that canteen, the lunches are vile. I never eat them at home. Sometimes meet my mate at Spoon's for a breakfast as he raves about them. They're fairly cheap, but I've had a lot better to be honest, but never say..

postman

Legendary Member
One of two a month local cafe,try to have one when using Premier Inns,great value.But never at home,it's to do with the washing up and cleaning the flying fat,it's not worth the effort.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't eat eggs or mushrooms and my wife doesn't eat pork so it's rare for us to have a cooked breakfast. Doing pancakes for the kids this morning. American style with fruit, cream and maple syrup.

Not into full breakfasts but I'll often eat 4 scrambled eggs or 6 rashers of bacon in a bun at the weekend. I'm more of a reduced ingredients list breakfaster I think. Possibly easier to prepare but also you can enjoy the individual components better eaten as the focus of the meal.

BTW I was glad when they scrapped that old belief that eggs were bad for you and you should have something like one a week. I need 4 to keep me going, which they do rather well. I might drop to 3 eggs if there's salmon trimmings to add in place of the 4th egg. All healthy stuff right

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
To buck the trend it seems I have more than most. Usually a weekend treat when daughter and gf are here around 'brunch' time or as a tea. The only thing fried is the bacon usually.
Rarely eat them out as I don't like mushrooms or tomatoes and prefer an omelette or scrambled egg to fried which you can't always get and I like bacon crispy and smoked.
Went to Morrisons cafe the other week as you can itemise what you want, toaster broken so I could have bread buttered or fried, went for the latter and had forgotten how much of an indulgence it was!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
this 'breakfast challenge' just appeared in the FB 'rate my fry-up' group...

erm.jpg

I believe that's a giant mug of tea, rather than little plates and extra-small bread

Top Bottom