Who regularly enjoys a full cooked breakfast ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Those fancy Mutti tomatoes from southern Italy I think are lovely and tasty - the company pays slave labour wages to its illegal migrant pickers….

That bacon from my local butcher, sliced a thickness of my choosing, and shown to me on the grease proof before he wraps it - full of nitrite, which increases my chance of bowel cancer by 20%

Free range eggs? Oh yes. No. Sit with a vegan and hear about Instantaneus Mechanical Destruction and you would be hard pressed to enjoy a fried egg, unless you had your own hens.

Gluten effects in fried bread? The cholesterol?
Slide that plate over here if you're not going to eat that :okay:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
with a couple of slices of bread. I couldn't get rid of the chemical taste after i'd eaten it.

Have you ever looked at the list of ingredients on a supermarket loaf? :ohmy:

Bring back Woolworths...at least the ones that had cafes and 8/11 items breakfasts, an ideal start to a Saturday.

I used to work away a lot and tended to stay in pubs, these often did Traditional English but rarely kippers or similar, so they did lose their appeal after a few years, especially when the toast had the butter and jam in those catering packs that were 60% of the size that they needed to be.

One pub decided to offer local butcher's sausages with lots of meat and no rusk etc as an option to the Wall's type sausages but they weren't well received at breakfast, although they did sell well at lunch time and in the evenings.

..... and they are never the same if you have to cook them and eat them, someone else has to do the cooking.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
M
Saturdays and sundays for me and they are always guilt free….lifes too short

also if he eats one every day for 22 years, thats around 8030………as there are 365 days in a year, so 10yrs is 3650, 20 years is 7300, and 22yrs is 8030
Maybe he doesn't work every day :rolleyes:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just listening to a hotel inspector talking about his job.
For TWENTY TWO years he eats a full breakfast every day. He reckons that is 3,000 (i have not done the math)
He has to have the same every day as he must compare like for like .
Sounds dreadful to me.
so he doesnt eat a full breakfast every day then??? or does he??

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
so he doesnt eat a full breakfast every day then??? or does he??

If it's his job and he works 5 days a week then that's about 250 days, allowing for weekends and public holidays, Subtract another 25 days for annual leave and he's eating 225 breakfasts x 22 years = 4,950 fry ups. Maybe he only does the hotel visits about 137 days per year (22 x 137 = 3,014).

God knows what his arteries look like.

Domus

Guru
Most mornings it's porridge, soaked over night in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of Chia seeds. When I brew up for senior management at 06.30 ish I add the oat milk to the soaked oats. This concoction is consumed with sliced fruit (banana usually) pomegranate, pumpkin seeds and honey. At weekends a slice of toast and marmalade is taken with coffee afterwards. Suits us :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If it's his job and he works 5 days a week then that's about 250 days, allowing for weekends and public holidays, Subtract another 25 days for annual leave and he's eating 225 breakfasts x 22 years = 4,950 fry ups. Maybe he only does the hotel visits about 137 days per year (22 x 137 = 3,014).

but the guy quotes everyday, so he may also be eating cooked brekkies at weekends and on his hols.....we cant assume he only eats them when doing his job

other than that the quote is completely wrong lol

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I must admit, I'd rather have a curry or spag bol for breakfast than a full EEnglish.I prefer a fry up for dinner. And even then it's a bit heavy. And beans give me indigestion

vickster

Legendary Member

And his bowel health with all the processed 'meat'

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
2 fried eggs on a slice of wholegrain bread most days at home unless travelling. When travelling it's the Full English/Irish, Continental or Middle-Eastern super mezze!

I have porridge with dried fruit, crystallized ginger, blueberries and fresh strawberries 90% of the time.

I love full English breakfasts and have them in hotels whenever they serve them. I would have them more often at home but cannot stand the cooking and cleaning faff in the morning.

I will, however, often have a full English as the main meal of the day.

Top Bottom