Who said women can't reverse park!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Not generalising but women are pretty awful drivers, on the whole. Today, one of them coming the opposite way tried to turn right in front of me going straight on on the busy A6 in Preston. It was a warm day and we both had our windows down so could hear each other's comments but I took offence at HER trying to make out it was MY fault! Her ignorant and ill-judged tirade was peppered with filthy language. The trollop then took offence at me telling her that she must have wished she WAS Stevie Wonder as she drove worse than he did and there was no doubt she wouldn't have wanted to see that fright looking back at her in a mirror. The police car which pulled up behind us removed any doubts from her mind that she was in the wrong, waved me on and asked her out of the vehicle. Me and my colleague gave her a patronising smile as we drove off. The minger.

on the road

Über Member

I think it's only fair to the OP that we cease the argument about the relevance of the 4x4in the situation and go back to taking the piss out of women's inability to park. :bicycle:

jonesy

Guru
Kirstie said:
What a pile of sexist tosh. Especially you PaulB - shame on you.

Quite. If men weren't responsible for something like 90% of all convictions for death by dangerous driving there might be something to laugh about...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Over The Hill said:
;)

Don't they have lower insurance premiums PaulB?
Dunno. I know there are some baaad men drivers but my sphincter inevitably clenches whenever I see a woman foolishly thinking she has the right to captain that particular ship.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just to even up the score somewhat.... my wife is an excellent driver, and has no problems at all reverse parking, or doing any other maneuver. If I'm honest she's probably a better driver than I am ( albeit with a tendency to drive just a tad too close to the car in front some times).

She can't however read a map, and can get lost in a straight corridor. :blush:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Mrs slowmotion is way better than me at getting into tight parking spaces. Ten inches at front and back in London on-street parking spots. Respect.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
barring media headlines how much experience do any of us have of other drivers? Even close calls on a bike only give us a snapshot glimpse of their overall driving.

MacB said:
barring media headlines how much experience do any of us have of other drivers? Even close calls on a bike only give us a snapshot glimpse of their overall driving.

I've been a yard shunter and you get to know quite a lot about how well people drive because you watch them manoevre around the yard. We had a female agency driver for a week and - without wanting to sound patronising (although I'm aware that I do) - she was no different to the blokes who drove for us in terms of how she handled the truck. And why would she be? She had the same training and experience, after all. The only difference was that she had to do all her manoevring with an audience, since all the factory staff would come onto the loading docks to watch and shout ribald comments about women drivers.:wacko: Like any of them could have done it better.

Top Bottom