Who takes a frying pan when cycle camping?

Who takes a frying pan when cycle camping? Post a Poll

• Always

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Never

• Sometimes

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I agree that 2 saucepans with a frying pan that doubles as a lid/plate is ideal, but only if you have 2 cooking flames. I've used a small kettle but it's not essential, take it if you have space ub totherwise make do with the saucepans.

Crankarm

Guru
Frying pan essential for swatting mozzies and flies that are buzzin around the tent when you are trying to sleep :biggrin:. A kettle essential for a large brew and hot water to wash. A toaster essential for toast and marmalade on the rest days and toast and jam or Marmite at the end of a knackering day in the saddle :smile:. A flask for keeping a warm brew for mid morning elevenses :biggrin:. A mini pressure cooker for doing delish stews on cold tours :biggrin:.

ASC1951

Guru
Ron said:
High protien is more sustaining than Hi carb. Saw it on one of these telly experiments.
What you saw was a demonstration that, calorie for calorie, you take longer to feel hungry after eating protein than carbohydrate.

That isn't at all the same thing as what food powers you for longer when you are exercising.

RedBike

If you didn't take a frying pan how else would you cook bacon for breakfast?

Please don't tell me you go camping but don't have a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea in the morning!

samid

Guru
This year I got a Trangia where the frying pan doubles up as a lid for the pot. IMO best food for cycling is whatever you like, and because I like fried eggs and bacon I ended up using the pan a lot.

Top Bottom