Who wears a helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CommuterBen

Regular
Ill be commuting around 20 miles a day through the small town I live in mixed with 2 train journeys. I've purchased a 25.99 helmet and am just wondering how many of you do or don't wear helmets?

compo

Veteran
Oh Oh :whistle:

(I do by the way)

compo

Veteran
Ill be commuting around 20 miles a day through the small town I live in mixed with 2 train journeys. I've purchased a 25.99 helmet and am just wondering how many of you do or don't wear helmets?

Ben, I see you haven't been with us long. You may not realise that helmets, either for, against or indifferent are a very contentious topic on Cycle Chat. It is light blue touch paper and retire. Just do a search for helmets and you will see what I mean.

Paddygt

Always, if it does nothing else at least it keeps my hair out my eyes. I really hope that come the crunch, it may help more than that.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do, a habit formed in the main because I have to wear one at work, but while It may save me from minor scuffs in a tumble I'm not banking on it to save me when a lorry load of anvils runs me over. I live in hope, and there's always the chance it'll fluke out, but I'm not terribly hopeful.

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Without my helmet I'd worry that my buff would blow away. Plus it's a useful place to mount a camera and a couple of extra lights.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Was always hit and miss sometimes I would sometimes I wouldn't. Around two years ago got side swiped with a drink driver and luckily I had my helmet on, looking at the deep road rash marks on the side of the helmet,made me think what if...Never been out on the bike without since...

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Well at least you've only wasted 25.99, so could have been worse. Cycle safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom