Who's at fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
you sure it was an accident and not someone from here getting you back for a post they didn't like of yours ,

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Whilst I'm one that thinks riding on the pavement isn't the worst crime in the world especially if you are new and nervous, it has to be done slowly and sensibly. So if there isn't enough space get off and walk and most importantly PEDESTRIANS HAVE PRIORITY. Therefore they were at fault and should have apologised to you. And they don't sound the type to be worried about riding on the road in the first place.

up hill struggle

some cyclists can be pricks at times, unfortunate but true.

ive almost been scalped by 2 riders when ive stopped for what ever reasons, on the same stretch of shared walk/cycle path both my disabled daughters have both almost been struck by speeding cyclists one of which im positive was one of the same riders who almost hit me. All times there have been little to no other users / riders on the path & im convinced that when its done its just some d1ck showing of or trying to scare us.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3179576, member: 30090"]Car drivers are, for driving like they do thus forcing cyclists onto the pavement.[/QUOTE]
The two on bikes were going against the flow of traffic, if they were ever on the road to begin with.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Thatcher.
It's not just Mrs T who's to blame.
Guardian.jpg

.stu

Über Member
Went for a walk with my three year old daughter after work. Had a young adult ride past us as we waited to cross the road doing about 20mph downhill on the path. Then another came down doing 30 at least. There was plenty of room for them on the road but for it doesn't even seem to occur to them that that's where they should be.

The worst was a guy I saw a few weeks ago doing 35-40mph on the path at around 6pm down a hill that many young mothers with pushchairs and toddlers regularly walk up and down. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom