Who's the most complete footballer ever???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

If you were to imagine what it would take to create the perfect footballer. Someone who could do everything. Someone with power, pace, skill, the lot.

A few contenders Roy Keane, Johan Cruyff, etc....

For me though it would be Zidane

potsy

Rambler
Carlton Palmer:tongue:

mangaman

Greedo said:
If you were to imagine what it would take to create the perfect footballer. Someone who could do everything. Someone with power, pace, skill, the lot.

A few contenders Roy Keane, Johan Cruyff, etc....

For me though it would be Zidane

Not convinced about Roy Keane Greedo - he certainly had power, I'll grant you that.

Maradonna had the lot I think - even good with his hands ;) - but had pace/skill/power especially until it was kicked out of him in Spain/Italy by cynical defenders.

Never saw Pele live or George Best, but they certainly had skill.
I agree Zidane at his peak was very good.

Maradonna in 1986, though, was the best player I've actually watched (on TV). He virtually won that on his own.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Pat Nevin, a stunningly good player. One of the best I have ever seen.

Roy Keane? No chance, good yes he was, complete? not in a million years. Complete players are not thugs.

mangaman

ianrauk said:

Roy Keane? No chance, good yes he was, complete? not in a million years. Complete players are not thugs.

Agree about Keane Ian. After admitting to deliberately trying to injure someone in his autobiog I lost any minute respect I had for him.

Pat Nevin was lovely to watch, and a great bloke. Big mates with John Peel I recall.

I'm not sure he's in the Cruyff/Pele/Maradonna class though :blush:

I take it you're a Chelsea fan of the old school. Good to see Nevin get a mention ahead of Meluda/Drogba/Essien etc although I do have a soft spot for Joe Cole

I prefer to remember the Chelsea of the early 70s (Osgood/Bonetti etc) or the good honest pros of later like Pat Nevin/Mickey Droy :angry:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
George Best at his prime. Shame his national team never gave him the opportunity on the world stage. Garincha also for a guy with a disability as good as Pele? but both tainted their reputations by their lives of the pitch.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:

:blush:

I would agree he was a great wee player but a bit one dimensional at times. Hence not even getting to 30 caps for Scotland.

He is one I class as not achieving his full potential tbh. He was great when he was on his game but he seemed to blow hot and cold and a game he was never up for it he was anonymous.

MrRidley

What about Larsson Greedo ? he could/has done it all, score, pass, tackle, absolute outstanding player, won the big cup, almost won us the Uefa if it wasn't for Rab F*****g Douglas, then there's Jinky.....where do you start, Hail Hail

Top Bottom