Who's the worst. "Hoarders" or those who chuck stuff away regardlessly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went round to my old marital home tonight. I wanted to collect my shoe polish and brushes,to be told by Mrs Accy that she'd thrown them away. The shoot hit the fan! She's thrown them away,saying i should've taken them with me when i moved out,if i wanted to keep them. We're talking about brushes i've had for decades that'd cost a fair amount of money to replace. Once again she said i'm a hoarder. She's always said that,in fact my mum who also threw stuff out regardlessly said the same. I remember her when i moved out,(when i got married),throwing away loads of my old football programmes. I don't think it's right to throw other peoples stuff away. I don't think i'm a hoarder. I just like to hold onto stuff that has sentimental value,or could be useful to me one day. I'm not like those you see in these tv programs who have rooms piled high with saved stuff. So who's the worst. Hoarders or those who chuck stuff away regardlessly?

tyred

Legendary Member
I think you need to aim to be somewhere in the middle.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I can quite happily attack a cupboard/room from time to time and wonder 'Why do we keep all this shoot?' Although a large proportion of it can be mine :blush:

Some days the wheelie bin just isn't big enough, but I do like to keep stuff that still has life in it or may yield parts to repair something else.......

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm just glad i rescued my birth certificate and other such documents. I think they'd have been binned too if i'd have left them there! She also chucked out some bloody good Audi car mats,i now could've made use of. :cursing:

From experience,i'd say men are the so called hoarders and it's the women who do the chucking out.

matiz

Guru
I don't like stuff cluttering up the house if I watch one of them antique valuation shows I'm always saying what a load of old tat I would chuck it straight in the skip it usually turns out to be worth a few hundred quid.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I generally work on the theory that, if I havent used something for 6 months, I don't need it and it gets serious consideration of being 'decluttered'.
Only 'consideration', mind. ;)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm certainly not a hoarder. Doesn't everyone have a box of screws and bits?

20170923_100458.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have boxes and boxes of football programs here. So many that they take up far too much space. I don''t read them,even look at them. They've been piled together for years. Only a few are worth anything,so why do i feel the need to keep them?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
...oh, and i've got a cupboard full of VHS cassettes, six shoes boxes full of audio cassettes, and one that would drive my mother round the bend, another cupboard full of empty cardboard boxes.

Top Bottom