Who's the worst. "Hoarders" or those who chuck stuff away regardlessly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If this stuff is important to you, why on earth did you leave it behind? You could have used some of the money she gave you for your share of the house, itself a bit of a clue about ongoing storage rights, to rent a storage unit.

I probably left stuff there to give me a bit of psychological comfort in thinking that i still lived there,even though i don't. I like to have friends here and there,even though i don't contact them much. It must be a possession thing? Am i hoarding friends i ask myself?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I like people who chuck stuff away regardlessly... it gives folk like me more stuff to hoard :okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know about friends, but am pretty sure that, with regard to both Mrs Accy and your former house, you need to find a way to move on.
I try and be nice to her. The other day we had a friendly phone conversation. Then last night i go to pick up my shoe stuff and she tells me she's binned the stuff because "I should've taken it with me". In a way i still feel responsible for the security of the house. I just can't accept that i don't live there anymore.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes, you need to cut all the ties, you have a new life now. She's just punishing you by doing those things. That's why you need to move on.
my spell checker didn't think so... but i followed Accy's lead.
I do check that words are ok before i post a thread or a message. Sometimes they might be regarded as slang words,but as long as everyone knows what i/we mean then that's ok to me. :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I do check that words are ok before i post a thread or a message. Sometimes they might be regarded as slang words,but as long as everyone knows what i/we mean then that's ok to me. :smile:
I hoard bad grammer :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
My wife hordes I don't.
I hate clutter.
Every drawer is rammed as are cupboards..ffs and they self empty when I open them.

I will admit to show holding but I ship them off to the charity shop or bin if there no good.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Is 'regardlessly' even a real word? I thought Accy was famed for his literacy.
The Oxford English reference dictionary thinks it is. :okay:

Getting myself back on topic:blush:, I'd go for hoarders being worst. My uncle (by marriage I hasten to add) was the kind of hoarder who would have had the house full to the ceiling in every room if not for the moderating influence of my aunt.

When the family was asked to help sort things out it took about four years of visiting once or twice a week to get through it all. There were newspapers going back to wartime and cheque stubs going back to the 1890s (that's not a misprint). It all had to be sorted properly as there were items of importance in with the rubbish, for example a will stuffed into a suitcase full of old empty envelopes.:wacko:

He wasn't happy with us doing the clearing and had the gall to say "make sure it all goes back in date order".:blink: :laugh:

I'm a little bit of a hoarder myself but at least I'm nothing like that.

Top Bottom