Who's the worst. "Hoarders" or those who chuck stuff away regardlessly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to have, until I sorted them out into individual jars... View attachment 374936
That's not hoarding as you have them far too tidy and organised. To be a hoarder you have to have stuff all over the place and take about half a week to find it,when you eventually want it.:smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That's not hoarding as you have them far too tidy and organised. To be a hoarder you have to have stuff all over the place and take about half a week to find it,when you eventually want it.:smile:
i know... but then middle age crept up on me and I needed to get organised after wasting the first half of my life looking for a specific screw, bolt or washer.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hoarding or not is a state of mind. Do you really need all those football programmes Accy? You could turn them into money and have an uncluttered life, just like all the other things you don't need. You've probably got loads of stuff you didn't even know you had. My wife went on a minimalist kick recently and gave away suitcases full of clothes. She said she felt liberated.
Have a read of this: http://www.theminimalists.com/minimalism/

Sharky

Guru
Must confess, I still have an original Unicanitor Saddle in the garage. Bought in 1968 and last used briefly in 1985.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I have an entire loft devoted to stuff that might be useful at some stage. It does mean that on the occasion you need the odd thing, especially computer leads, it is probably there somewhere, if you can find it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hoarding or not is a state of mind. Do you really need all those football programmes Accy? You could turn them into money and have an uncluttered life, just like all the other things you don't need. You've probably got loads of stuff you didn't even know you had. My wife went on a minimalist kick recently and gave away suitcases full of clothes. She said she felt liberated.
Have a read of this: http://www.theminimalists.com/minimalism/
I'm at loggerheads with Mrs Accy. She's even thrown my three motorcycle jackets away without my consent. Ok.i've never had a motorbike. I don't even like motorbikes,but i just liked having the jackets there on a hanger.:unsure:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Kraft-Easy-Cheese.jpg

Top Bottom