Why are so many other cyclists so unfriendly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Usually if Im out on my bike I am clearing my head. Up in the country lanes, putting various things into perspective. If someone passes me I often dont even realise till they have gone so no, id not say hello^_^
Doesnt mean im not friendly tho:girldance:
Just away with the fairies ! :whistle:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
[QUOTE 1838533, member: 9609"]I can get a bit like this when driving the lorry, go for mile after mile in my own little world never knowing if I have past any cyclists or not; But when I am on the bike it's 100% concentration as there are too many idiots on the road.[/quote]
:giggle:LOL!!!!!!! love it!!
(hope it was meant to be funny btw:tongue:)

subaqua

What’s the point
Agreed.
Just because people don't say hi or reply to a greeting doesn't meant they are not friendly. It's nothing to do with competitiveness or snobbery. Whether they are a fully lycrad up roadie or not, training or on a pootle, northerners or southerners. It's just the way some people are. I've said hello (to and replied back) to all sorts of cyclists whilst on a ride as I have ignored all sorts of cyclists on a ride.

However, If I do see a cyclist at the side of the road fettling I will always ask if they are ok or need a hand..

and some of the responses i have had when i have stopped and asked if they are OK couldn't be repeated here due to taste and decency requirements.
not gonna stop me.got thicker skin than that

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
[QUOTE 1838533, member: 9609"]I can get a bit like this when driving the lorry, go for mile after mile in my own little world never knowing if I have past any run over any cyclists or not.... there are too many idiots on the road.[/quote].....ice trucking across the User9609 Way.....

Lisa21

Mooching.............
and some of the responses i have had when i have stopped and asked if they are OK couldn't be repeated here due to taste and decency requirements.
not gonna stop me.got thicker skin than that
Now THAT is rude:cursing:and so unnecessary.

As for saying hello or not...a mix of personal choice and circumstance imo...im not that fussed either way but if I get a hello I always say hello back, I would not ignore someone.

Unless it was RichP. His restraining order is still active for a few weeks yet:rofl:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
There are also cases on other forums of people moaning about the Elites in and around Manchester not acknowledging. There's even a case where a rider came up behind Cavendish at a set of lights and Cav point blank said "not in the mood mate, wanna be on my own" or words to that effect.
in fairness, there's a world of difference between returning a nod or wave, and having someone trying to engage in conversation…

dodgy

Well whatever, they don't always wave, they're training. I wouldn't expect a wave and I wouldn't come home and cry about it on an Internet Forum if they didn't.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
[QUOTE 1838539, member: 9609"]But some cyclists are just plain rude, take yesterday for instance, spotted a woosh of roadies coming in the other direction (what is the collective term for cyclist?) so I dismounted, stretched my arms out ready for a big hug, three of them done a 180 degree turn and out of the five that past, one tried to kick me - now that was not nice...[/quote]
That mental picture just creased me up :giggle:

Top Bottom