Why are the streets full of grey cars ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Just wondered why grey is so popular ? Why would one look in a car brochure and pick grey ? Why do the ads show only grey cars ? Are they cheaper ? Do they go faster ?

You wouldn't decorate your walls in grey, have grey furniture, wear grey makeup, plant grey flowers, dye your hair grey etc etc. Is it a UK thing ?

I love grey.
Once upon a time all cars were black because it was the cheapest paint colour.
Not now...and I am typing this looking at grey walls in my kitchen :biggrin:

Monst

They are not grey - they are silver.

Silver cars photograph better and as such people buy what they see. If they see silver cars on the telly adverts or in newspaper adverts they buy silver cars.

Its a bit like why people ask for and buy Magners 'Irish' cider - because they see it advertised on the telly despite the fact thats is crap and made in England.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
sheddy said:
Just wondered why grey is so popular ? Why would one look in a car brochure and pick grey ? Why do the ads show only grey cars ? Are they cheaper ? Do they go faster ?

You wouldn't decorate your walls in grey, have grey furniture,
wear grey makeup, plant grey flowers, dye your hair grey etc etc. Is it a UK thing ?
You would in Denmark...Grey is quite a typical colour for them.
Oh, and I currently have a dark grey car.
Silver is most popular car colour right now.

Plax

Guru
Silver is the new white. For cars that is.
Silver is the new black. For electrical items. At one stage it was a right sod (and probably still is) trying to find a black telly or video recorder as they were all silver. Very annoying when your video player breaks and all your other gear is black. I now have a silver video player and a black TV & DVD (& PS2). Very annoying.

gbb

Legendary Member
My Vectra is silver...i didnt realise it was a lovely 'milky' metallic silver until i looked at it against my sons Vectra. His is just ordinary silver :biggrin::thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Keith beat me too it - so many bloody bikes that are either silver or some sort of urban grey, or dull black (excluding carbon)..... what ever happened to a bit of colour.......

Mortiroloboy

My Spesh Allez was silver, and Mrs Mortiroloboy has a silver Ford KA, I've never owned, nor would wish to own a grey car. I have grey hair though :biggrin: I love you all :biggrin:

bobbyp

Cars are grey to make them more difficult to see in misty morning half light when the twunts don't put their lights on.

I have to be lit up like a christmas tree and wearing a day glo suit to be seen. They can drive along in their unlit grey cars on a grey road on grey day. No problem.

Top Bottom