Why are the streets full of grey cars ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Even when I lived in France 22 years ago I noticed that the French preferred cars in dark metallic neutral colours. I also realised that Britain is the only country in the world where people actually buy red cars. The worst period of British automobile history was the brown and tan of the Leyland seventies - BL Sandglow is still used to paint Land Rovers for expeditions and Camel Trophy type events.

My bike is grey because it's unpainted titanium. Luvverly.

gbb

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Even when I lived in France 22 years ago I noticed that the French preferred cars in dark metallic neutral colours. I also realised that Britain is the only country in the world where people actually buy red cars. The worst period of British automobile history was the brown and tan of the Leyland seventies - BL Sandglow is still used to paint Land Rovers for expeditions and Camel Trophy type events.

My bike is grey because it's unpainted titanium. Luvverly.

I had a 'beige' Marina Coupe. 1972.....it's still around i think. I see it on my ride sometimes. Not 100% sure, but its the same year, with a very familiar looking numberplate.
I also had a 'beige' Maestro.....thats definately not still around.....it rusted to buggery while i still had it :biggrin:

Top Bottom