Why are the streets full of grey cars ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Uncle Mort said:
Dunno. And why are the streets full of grey people?

Because all the colourful ones are here! (Or on ACF :biggrin:):biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Aperitif said:
...bet your ladder is a 'silver' colour... easier to see etc...:becool:

Hope the pain is easing Mb:o):biggrin:

It is, it's made of aluminium, pain is easing thanks, Mrs M won't let me go out on my bike though, Doctor said it would be OK but to take it staedy and listen to my body, Mrs M has put her size 4's down though so I'll miss this mornings run, and hold out for the club run on Sunday.

Bl**dy annoying having ALL this surprise time off work, lovely weather and feeling too crooked to go out on the bike :biggrin:

I got moaned at yesterday for spending too much time on here :becool:

Blimey! If I listened to my body all I would hear is a creak, snap, dragging knuckles and the odd fart (very odd)...bit like the wreck of the Hesperus :biggrin:
Mrs M must be a connoiseur of such things to proffer such advice.

'Connoisseur' - not the other rubbish spelling -sorry.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, my Mum's car is silver, she'd always fancied a silver car apparently, and then when she got it she suddenly realised how many others out there were silver - whether it was the case the silver just happened to become more popular, or that she just noticed them more, I don't know...

Thinking about it, my FCR is red and silver, my Galaxy was blue and silver and my hack is blue and yellow, but with Chrome forks (so sort of silver!). My trike is black and orange though. And of all those, the only one I had a choice of colour over was the Galaxy, because we resprayed it. One day, I'll get round to having it painted properly again (the paint started to chip, so it got stripped down, and then events overtook me and it's still in a shed, waiting). And I think blue and silver is the way I'll go again....

Best colour for safety apparently, is yellow visible against grey mist, snow, the lot. Less visible in fields of Oil Seed Rape, I guess.

gbb

Legendary Member
Simple really, silver doesnt age a car.
Colours, even shades come and go. What looks cool this year, doesnt in 3 or 5 years time. Also you can tell within two years how old some cars are just by the colour.
For the same reasons, silver is a safe bet because you wont be trying to sell a what was cool coloured car that is now naff 3 or 5 years later...increasing the depreciation even further than it already has.

Hmmm...just hope that silver doesnt eventually go the same way.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Arch said:
Best colour for safety apparently, is yellow visible against grey mist, snow, the lot. Less visible in fields of Oil Seed Rape, I guess.

I've yet to see a yellow car in Manchester city centre that isn't a barryed up hot hatch of some sort. The colour isn't really necessary to know they're there, the overly loud r'n'b tunez emanating from the vehicle announce their presence far more effectively.

Another reason is that scratches don't show up too badly on a silver car. Our car is just over 6 months and some scratches have appeared after being in a supermarket car park :biggrin:. However, as the car is silver they are not that noticeable.

I saw a lady in a sports centre car park the other day with a nice new black Honda civic. She was on the phone at the time as she was maneuvering her car out of the car park (probably telling her friends about her nice new Honda civic). I must admit I did find it very funny when she then scraped her nice new car door on a car park bollard. Big while streaks down the side of her, now not so nice, black Honda civic.

I wonder if she ever explained to her friends why she ended the conversation so abruptly! :biggrin:

yoyo

I have noticed for some time how mos cars in this country are silver / grey. MrYoyo and I think that is rather boring. I drive black cars and tend to wear black clothes; he drives red cars.

When we were in Leichtenstein last year we noticed that almost all the cars were black or dark blue and wondered if it was a requirement for the area! Have any of you noticed that a car with FL plates is usually a dark colour. Last year I took to counting the ones that weren't!

Plax

Guru
Keith Oates said:
It's not just cars, it seems more and more bikes are silver these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough my commuting bike is silver!!!!!! My car is white. Gosh I'm so common :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Aperitif said:
Blimey! If I listened to my body all I would hear is a creak, snap, dragging knuckles and the odd fart (very odd)...bit like the wreck of the Hesperus :thumbsup:
Mrs M must be a connoiseur of such things to proffer such advice.

;):laugh::?::laugh: I'm going stir crazeeeeeeeeeeee:sad:

Top Bottom