Why bother?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
O na shatterday nite r u kidding, hic!

Actually the police have given up policing. They fail to patrol on foot, they fail to actually prevent crime, they just wait for it to happen. In 1960 there were 72,000 police, in 2010 there were 144,000, so don't tell me there aren't enough officers.
p
There is a lot I could say to this, but it's late and I'm dtumk so I'll suffice with, Get a grip. Are there nor enough tinfoil hats for you anduyour friends?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
True, but Police not interested in minor crimes is hardly news.

And therein lies the problem. The 'minor' crimes lead to less minor crimes and they wonder how a career criminal started.

classic33

Leg End Member
They save them for the serious stuff round here!
Wheel Theft.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
Really? This week's shoplifter is next week's crack dealer? Please....
Do dealers have to resort to shoplifting?
Knew plenty using the stuff, amongst others, that are shoplifting though. An easy victimless crime. Only I spent four hours fastened to a spinal board in one such "victimless moment".

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I've had a few run-ins with tools on mopeds and larger motorbikes along the Bristol Railway Path which is strictly cyclists and peds only. I have zero tolerance about this. Call it a fault if you will, but the local rag here in Bristol is always ranting on about cycling on pavements, so I'll have my dig at those who insist on rule breaking with motorised transport on the cycle facilities.

I have a mate who's a serving police officer near Brighton. With all the cuts, low staff levels etc, they're always busy, so I guess that a moped on a footbridge is low priority. I'll bet the rider frequently does it, a she/she hasn't been caught so with human nature being what it is, they probably repeat it. I have seen some videos by a woman who goes by the handle of barbyonabike on Youtube who has problems with motorcyclists using a cycle footbridge as a short cut.

Top Bottom