why did i say yes to that?.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lip03

Über Member
so this weekend it was my girlfriends nephew's 1st birthday.... topic eventually got around to cycling as it normally does because her brother (who I have known a lot longer than my girlfriend) and myself have done a few off road mtb rides in the past and we try to get out as often as possible. Her brother told me that himself and his partner are taking part in a London to brighton charity ride in 4 weeks time, and that there is a spare place as a member of the family was due to ride but had a knee operation and can no longer ride...... this is where my judgement was clouded buy the 4/5 cans of cider id consumed in the unexpected sunshine we had yesterday afternoon. now I know a London to Brighton isn't a huge ride but ive not been out on any long road rides for a long while (about 8 months). so I now have 4 weeks to build up to 50 miles-ish, anyone have any useful tips for training or just anyone's experiences with the London to Brighton!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just keep pedalling and stop just before you hit the beach.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
First week, do some 10 mile rides (3)
Second week, do 2 10s and a 20.
Third week, 2 20s and a 30
Fourth, do 2 40 mile rides and save the last ride for the event. I prepared for a metric century following this regimen, your results may vary, but knowing little of your current state of training and speed, I'd say this should get you there. Take plenty of fluids, and carbohydrates as well. Keep a brisk pace and a happy face, as my Mom used to say.

Top Bottom