Why do people do this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
Do you pass cars that are stopped at the lights? Despite knowing that for the most part they are faster than you?
Yes, then what's your problem with the woman doing the same...

I have to say, I read this thread imagining that the lady cyclist was Any Cyclist and the faster cyclists were cars. It's the exact same line of thinking, really. I personally don't mind because I don't encounter many cyclists on my journeys, and when I do I just overtake them and don't usually see them again.

It's even worse when they toddle up the inside of you, hit the pot hole you were avoiding and then nearly take you out by falling sideways (on green lanes today).

I had a bloke do what the OP's lady was doing most of the way through harringay today. In the end I asked him if he expected me to overtake him after every light because in heavy traffic it was getting very tiresome and unnecessarily dangerous (he was wobbling through red lights after stopping in front of those of us that had stopped). He just shrugged and said "that's wot proper cyclists do innit?", he was in his 50s and should have known better!

But on the plus side it was my first day back on the commute - a lovely 15 miles each way with a gorgeous sunrise, so happy days ^_^

Top Bottom