Why do people do this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
She probably had a nice arse and wanted all the guys in lycra to check her out. Just saying....

OP
OP
J.Primus

J.Primus

Is this Ping Pong or Tennis? ... just asking so I can mark the scores:becool: .
Don't worry I'm done. It is very tempting to
duty_calls.png

But I'm not really in the mood now I'm no longer sat at work with nothing to do.

Attachments

• duty_calls.png
    duty_calls.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 26

Sandra6

Veteran
I don't think the speed of the cyclist comes into it.
If you approach a group of cyclists already at the lights you don't know who is the faster off the mark.
It's just rude to go to the front of a queue.
You wouldn't do it in asda so don't do it at the lights.
I think going past cars is slightly different, that's what the asl's are there for afterall.

Radchenister

Veteran
May I suggest you all form an alliance and spread out in front the cars, if it helps then think of yourselves as 'team work ride' - when you've learned to work together you could have proper kit made and everything.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's a curious habit, isn't it? Even curiouser when they advance so far they can't see the lights. I've often wondered what's going on in their invariably uncommunicative heads and I've decided that they're applying a peculiar version of the ''tortoise and the hare'' fable. ''I'm not that fast but I'm still getting there'' is the tortoise bit and ''I'm going to get ahead'' is the hare bit.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I do not consider what has been described as "inconsiderate cycling"
I do...by definition. the lady just isn't considering others. She's most likely as delightful as you and me and would be mortified to hear us discussing her misdemeanour's. but she is inconsiderate...by definition.

PS, this shuffling at the lights is a massive pet hate of mine but never so much that i've ever spoken to anyone about it. I just take the typically british inhibited approach of rolling my eyes...like they'll notice that. So clearly I'm really not that bovv'ed.

edit, perhaps I should shuffle up a bit and sit in front of them like playing one potato... until they get the message.

jds_1981

Just have a word with her. I have have chats with other cyclists. Generally say that unless they're very fast of the lights, it's rude to push in front of everyone already there. Other thing I have considered (but not done), is to go in front of them and angle my bike across to block ;)

400bhp

Guru
I was cycling driving home last night and from Bank to Old St Roundabout where there is a set of traffic lights about every 150m.

There was about 3 cyclists cars in front of me all going reasonably quick so I was quite happy to tuck in behind them. At the second set of red lights where everyone is stopped a lady cycles past all of us and then stops in front of everyone. The lights go green and it turns out she is pretty slow, everyone overtakes her which is a bit of a faff but never mind. Turns out the the next set of lights are red and once again about 50 seconds later she cycles past everyone and stops in front.

I think we hit approximately 5 red lights and she did the same thing every single time. I don't understand the mentality that makes people do this. If someone is faster than you then wait behind them at the lights! It's not a one off either as I've noticed quite a few people seem to feel obliged to push to the front of a stationary set of bikes cars no matter how slow they are. Surely you must notice the stream of bikes cars attempting to get around you at every green light or are some people really that oblivious.

:whistle:

Top Bottom