Why do people get such strong feelings over electric cars and solar panels etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Well.....that's on the cards too. MrsF has said 'daughter needs a car' - she's passed her test but has no desire to drive at all - doesn't need too, for at least another 18 months (at University) but job access....
Even that depends on where she gets a job and what the route there is like. I passed my test at 18 but went to Uni in that there London. I didn't have a car until I was about 26 and I didn't really *need* a car until I met my wife and we settled down in no-public-transport-of-any-useful-nature-ville.

Interesting article about the range that people actually use on their EVs.

https://insideevs.com/news/709425/recurrent-ev-driving-distance-america/

CXRAndy

Guru
This just confirms what collected data about all types of personal vehicle movements per day

The study revealed that depending on the state, the average daily driving distance for EVs was between 20 and 45 miles, consuming only 8 to 16% of a battery’s EPA-rated range

OP
OP
Gillstay

Gillstay

Über Member
I see travels by space hopper have fallen off dramatically since I was little. Sad times. Very green transport.

And very active. ^_^

simongt

Guru
I saw two teens on skateboards
Back in the 70's when skateboards were first popular, some folk used to chuck a handful of gravel in front of a skateboarder as an expression of their disapproval. Said skateboard & rider would come to a very sudden halt. :wacko:

the snail

Guru
Back in the 70's when skateboards were first popular, some folk used to chuck a handful of gravel in front of a skateboarder as an expression of their disapproval. Said skateboard & rider would come to a very sudden halt. :wacko:

I never heard of that, although I was perfectly capable of falling off without any assistance.

CXRAndy

Guru

Wasn't it the skateboard stopped, the rider went flying headfirst onto the ground.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Even that depends on where she gets a job and what the route there is like. I passed my test at 18 but went to Uni in that there London. I didn't have a car until I was about 26 and I didn't really *need* a car until I met my wife and we settled down in no-public-transport-of-any-useful-nature-ville.

Our son passed his driving test at 18 years old. That was the last time he drove a car. He's now in his 30's.

Top Bottom