Why do so many cyclists look like skinny wee junkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I spend my weekends/evenings around these "skinny wee junkies" (son no. 2's 5' 7" and 53kg) and they're incredibly fit, which is why they look how they do.

Track sprinters however, and some TT'ers, are quite a bit chunkier.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I spend my weekends/evenings around these "skinny wee junkies" (son no. 2's 5' 7" and 53kg) and they're incredibly fit, which is why they look how they do.

Track sprinters however, and some TT'ers, are quite a bit chunkier.
same height as your lad but a tad older :smile:
Im actually the lightest i have been in years at 10 stone so 9 kg heavier and i actually have lost power , cycle mate i compare to pantani he says im more of a lemond build to quote him

I’d like to see you beat the skinny frail weak bloke. You’d get slaughtered. What does that make you?🤣😂

You got this topic 100% wrong. It's not about who's stronger in cycling, that was never up for debate. It's just about why do so many pro cyclists in their 20's look like 40 year olds who spent their lives eating instant noodles and drinking buckfast.

What if we had bike-boxing, ride say, 50 km, every 10 km both stop for a round? Or perhaps start with 5 rounds, with another 5 at the end?

Wouldn't be fair to the current pro cyclists. Boxers would just knock them out in 5 seconds and then leisurely cycle their way to victory :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You got this topic 100% wrong. It's not about who's stronger in cycling, that was never up for debate. It's just about why do so many pro cyclists in their 20's look like 40 year olds who spent their lives eating instant noodles and drinking buckfast.

He looks very healthy and how we should do. You’ve just got normalised to how your body is, which isn’t fit or healthy. I’m sure his metabolic health will be head and shoulders above yours.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
So you say that in our 20's we should all look twice our age and incredibly underweight compared to what medical science say?

Ok then, I understand your way of thinking. LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He looks about 12 to me but just shows how we can’t rely on what we think we see when it comes to age. He has 7 golds, 2 silvers and a bronze. You can’t do that unless you are very fit and healthy.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
geraint thomas doesnt, neither does ritchie porte.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom