Why do so many cyclists look like skinny wee junkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Christ Almighty, do we have to have these shite threads in the Pro section?
@mods any chance of moving these posts into the inane shite section....?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maybe you can - we shall hever know, so you can only speculate - but climbing and endurance are my strong points.

Climbing in particular, having a powerlifters legs and a cylcists lungs make me astonishingly good uphill beyond all reason. Also having a lifters arms (18.5"), shoulders and grip gives a steadier and stronger platform against which my legs can push forwards. There are, of course better climbers than me, but you know what...I've yet to meet many of any age, fitness, or skill level.

Its sustained speed on the level where I suffer, and thats the aero penalty, not the mass. 8 or 9/10ths effort for me is a lot harder to maintain than it will be for a whippet like you because im built like a giant air brake. The maths are simple enough, if you know the size and speed you can calculate the aerodynamic load, and the energy required to overcome that is a lot more than the energy required to keep the mass alone moving.

So it's the "aero belly's" fault ! :whistle:

:laugh:

Thanks for the new excuse next time @Hacienda71 gives me a substantial kicking on a hill or flat (I ride with him regular). We're similar weights but he's taller - it's my 'aero belly that's the issue.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom