Why do they make prawn cocktail crisps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just got one of those big boxes of Walkers for an upcoming birthday party, and they're 1/4 each of S&V, RS, C&O and bleedin' prawn cocktail. I suggested to my wife that we put the prawn cocktail ones on top so maybe they'll get taken, but I just know the little buggers are smarter than that, and they'll dig down for the quality, and we'll be left with 10 packs of crisps no-one wants.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
^Yeah right- nowt wrong with Prawn Cocktail, I had a packet yesterday for my lunch. Yummers.

tyred

Legendary Member
Simple answer - people buy them. If they didn't, Walkers would be left with a full warehouse and they'd stop making them pretty sharpish.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I might try that, if only to see my daughter's reaction...:whistle::tongue:
At least keep the Cheese & Onion ones out of harms way. C&O are not a suitable flavour for kids. My parents wouldn't let us have them. 'Only for adults' they said. My Dad used to stuff them when he thought that we were not looking. To be fair, they never inflicted prawn crisps on us though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheese and Onion are my least favourite. Worcester Sauce are alright but a bit meh.
Ready Salted will always be number 1 por moi

But.. Walkers pale into insignificance when it come to crisps.
Tyrells chips knock them into a cocked hat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am a ready salted fan too. I haven't been near a crisp for over 2 months now. I've not missed them at all, or I hadn't until I read this.

ooh.. look what I have in my lunch bag today...:whistle::okay:

51Bg-97J4QL._SY300_.jpg

Top Bottom