Why do we accept tubeless, but not waxed chains?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happy_Days

Well-Known Member
My experience with waxing is that the UK is the last place I'd use it, it just rains too much.
That what’s put me off waxing (my chain, not my legs :smile: ).
 

Dadam

Über Member
Location
SW Leeds
WD40 is a solvent and not a lubricant, it attracts dirt, which turns into a sticky paste that ruins the chain. Use a real wet or dry chain lube instead

It's not only one thing. It's a bit of both. It has a solvent carrier which evaporates and various other ingredients some of which are lubricants.
 

Venod

Eh up
Location
Yorkshire
Rim Complexity: Car wheels are solid, one-piece metal units manufactured to be airtight out of the box. Bicycle wheels have spoke holes drilled through the center channel, meaning the rim bed must be meticulously sealed with special rim tape before it can hold air.
Rims and Wheelsets Without Spoke Holes
    • Mavic FORE Technology Rims (e.g., Ksyrium S Disc): These aluminum rims have a completely sealed inner rim bed. Spoke nipples thread in from below using co-molded or threaded inner paths, entirely eliminating the need for tape. [1]
    • Campagnolo and Fulcrum Two-Way Fit Rims (featuring MoMag Technology): These use a solid inner rim bed where spoke magnets guide nipples into place during assembly, meaning the inner wall facing the tire has no drilled spoke holes. [1]
    • Shimano Tubeless Wheels (select road/gravel models like Ultegra): Built with a seamless inner rim bed that lets you mount tubeless tires directly without adhesive tape. [1]
Don't believe everything you read on tinternet.
 

scotsbikester

Über Member
Rims and Wheelsets Without Spoke Holes
    • Mavic FORE Technology Rims (e.g., Ksyrium S Disc): These aluminum rims have a completely sealed inner rim bed. Spoke nipples thread in from below using co-molded or threaded inner paths, entirely eliminating the need for tape. [1]
    • Campagnolo and Fulcrum Two-Way Fit Rims (featuring MoMag Technology): These use a solid inner rim bed where spoke magnets guide nipples into place during assembly, meaning the inner wall facing the tire has no drilled spoke holes. [1]
    • Shimano Tubeless Wheels (select road/gravel models like Ultegra): Built with a seamless inner rim bed that lets you mount tubeless tires directly without adhesive tape. [1]
Don't believe everything you read on tinternet.

I'm sure you're right. I didn't even bother reading it, I just copied and pasted it. Like I said - "the internet says". I think it was fairly clear those weren't my words.

Tubeless tyres aren't something I'm going to get involved with. Though I'm sure they are wonderful for those who like them.
 
Top Bottom