Why dont Brits know how to behave in a sauna?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...ignorance thigh name is Chavy git....I hav eseen people eating oranges, wringing out socks, drying towels, spitting on coals, cutting toe nails, doing make up, shaving and above all....wait for it...they insist on wearing a swimsuit:ohmy:

...peasants.
Rant off.

col

Legendary Member
For the same reason they think its good to drink too much, and shout footy songs all the time,in another country,brit s are the low life of holiday resorts,im ashamed to say.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...ignorance thigh name is Chavy git....I hav eseen people eating oranges, wringing out socks, drying towels, spitting on coals, cutting toe nails, doing make up, shaving and above all....wait for it...they insist on wearing a swimsuit:ohmy:

...peasants.
Rant off.

I'm not quite convinced that the worst of the things you've listed is failing to display their dangly bits. :biggrin:

yenrod

Shaving is THE big NO NO ! :biggrin:

Having trained in a recreation and leisure course..serious illnesses can be had from Sauna's.

Most of these jerks simply dont know their bollox from the tits !

If you had your own then ok do what you want [shrug] but communal: FORGET IT !

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

German saunas are cool (erm...wrong turn of phrase!)...I was in a sauna on th eisland of Sylt two years ago....now that is how to behave:biggrin::biggrin:

bianchi1

Guru
I used to work at a pool which had a sauna. A lad thought it would be a good idea to have piss on the coals. Cue an unimaginably evil steam cloud and mass evacuation of the sauna.
Have also had one bloke who fell asleep and his mates left him in there for half an hour.
Plenty of shavers as well. We used to love it when they left their razors and stubble for us to clean up.

Tetedelacourse

there was a fat old greaseball who used to shave in the sauna of a gym I used to go to. Dirty b@stard. He had a great complexion though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I should have put saunas under the list the other day of 'things I don't understand'. They're horrible thingsxx(:biggrin:

monnet

Guru
I lived in Finland for 6 months and that was real sauna-ing. The first thing I don't understand over here is why they are so damn cold (usually 80 degrees) a sauna should really be 90-100. BTFB is right about all this swim =suit wearing too -very unhygienic, all you need is something to sit on.

But back to Finland...the joy of sitting in the sauna (a proper wood burning, in the forest by the lake sauna) for 15 minutes and then jumping into the lake, pausing only to rebreak the the ice on the lake, a quick roll in the snow and then sitting with a beer for 10 minutes before going back into the sauna is hard to beat. Especially in the middle of winter - pitch black, -20 and the northern lights on full display. Awesome.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

On sylt the sauna is a wood cabin in the dunes on the beach...it is HOT but not scorching your skin...it's a different heat to the gym here...this one cooks you from the inside!...then it's a 30 second jog across the beach and into the North sea:becool:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
On all the films of saunas I've seen, the people inside end up sh@99ing... is this an accurate reflection of reality? Or should i get out more?

Tetedelacourse

Fnaar said:
On all the films of saunas I've seen, the people inside end up sh@99ing... is this an accurate reflection of reality? Or should i get out more?

Can you give some examples, so that I might comment on them?

Top Bottom