Why go comando ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am thinking primarily of me i.e.
For cycling I wear a pair of the "old fashioned" speedo type briefs which are made from synthetic material.
My reasoning is...............
1) they are breathable
2) they dont hold the sweat like cotton
3) they hold my 'bits' in place
4) they dont bunch up and make it uncomfortable.

So.................
What advantage would there for ME in going comando?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Girls will think you're cool.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you are comfortable as you are carry on :okay: For my 16 mile commute I wear 'normal' underwear, just so that I can get changed in the locker room without offending anyone :laugh: I find it ok, but on longer rides I would imagine it could get a bit sweaty, but if you are wearing breathable 'underwear' you should be fine

D

Deleted member 1258

Another one here that doesn't do commando, the only reason to go commando is if you're wearing padded cycling shorts/tights, they're designed to be worn commando. personally I have never worn padding, I've always ridden unpadded, I normally wear a pair of bamboo sports trunks under unpadded tights or running shorts.

Citius

I don't understand the 'going commando' reference. 'Going commando' implies that you are opting not to wear undies underneath something which is generally something you would normally wear undies with.

With cycling shorts, there is no option to 'go commando' - because they are not designed to be worn with undies in the first place. So, whilst opting not to wear undies under a pair of jeans (for instance) could rightly be seen as 'going commando', you cannot 'go commando' under cycling shorts, as they are not designed to be worn with undies in the first place.

So, either wear them the correct way, or the incorrect way.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Again. There is not right or wrong way, only the way you want to go. There is no such thing as "you cannot go commando under cycling shorts". And what's right for one won't be right for another.:okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
So when you end up in A&E and they cut off your cycling tights, your brother has to go to your place and get you some undies so it's less draughty when you go home!

Or you have to go to Next before you go to A&E and get some undies to make it a bit less draughty for examination/XRay

Neither of these have ever happened to me, honest :blush:

Citius

Again. There is not right or wrong way, only the way you want to go.

Actually, to be fair - there is a wrong way. Like I said, they are not designed to be worn with underwear, so wearing them with underwear is actually the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I personally couldn't give a stuff if people wear them on their heads if they want to, but let's not pretend that there isn't a 'wrong way' - because there is.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
You get a gun, some nice green and black make-up, a vest and a bandana...and if you're anything like me, you also get skid marks so you only get to wear your tights once or twice before they need a wash. For this reason, I wear undies...but I also wear padded tights to save myself from saddle sore.

vickster

Legendary Member
You get a gun, some nice green and black make-up, a vest and a bandana...and if you're anything like me, you also get skid marks so you only get to wear your tights once or twice before they need a wash. For this reason, I wear undies...but I also wear padded tights to save myself from saddle sore.
Have you not heard of that new fangled stuff called toilet tissue? xx(

ScotiaLass

Guru
Another one here that doesn't do commando, the only reason to go commando is if you're wearing padded cycling shorts/tights, they're designed to be worn commando. personally I have never worn padding, I've always ridden unpadded, I normally wear a pair of bamboo sports trunks under unpadded tights or running shorts.
Bamboo is brilliant! I have bamboo socks...soft, warm (or cool) and so comfy!
I also have bamboo washcloths :smile:

Top Bottom