Why has CC stopped logging me in automatically?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
All the time I've been using CC it's been logging me in automatically - cookies, I've always assumed. Lately though - since the recent revamp - it's stopped, and keeps demanding that I log in every time. Which is a pain. Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me (in other words, something I've done)?

mr Mag00

rising member
hmmm just you? im fine

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think Shaun is trying to tell you something:biggrin:

Or it could be like me you need to delete some cookies etc ... I had problems when the first swap over happened... and Shaun was very nice and helped me ... its probably in feedback that thread I will go and see if I can find it.

And I can log in on google chrome fine....

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
summerdays said:
I think Shaun is trying to tell you something:biggrin:

Or it could be like me you need to delete some cookies etc ... I had problems when the first swap over happened... and Shaun was very nice and helped me ... its probably in feedback that thread I will go and see if I can find it.

And I can log in on google chrome fine....

its annoying because i run linux as my OP im having to use Konqueror and tbh its crap!! lol

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It plays up for me. Sometimes I log in and it then asks me to log in!

Read the link I posted - that's exactly what it would do for me ... but if I didn't log in again but clicked on a link I would discover that I actually was logged on anyway.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks Summerdays...I tried posting you a message last night saying you'd cracked it for me...only to find I wasn't logged in! So I went to bed.

Still can't sort it. Shaun says to go to .co.uk and delete, but I can't go to .co.uk, 'cos every time I try, I find myself at .net. I tried searching for cyclechat cookies, but search couldn't find any.

*sigh*

But thanks anyway.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I guess that's cos he changed something this week to auto point to here I think ... you may need Shaun's help now I think.

Shaun

Founder
As per the announcement I've modified the ".co.uk" domain so it automatically re-points to the ".net" domain, which is likely what's causing the problem.

Go to this link and follow the instructions to delete your cookie.

Now log back in (remember to tick the box for the forum to remember your username) and see if your browser stays logged in?

If not, you may have to manually delete your CycleChat cookies as described here.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers,
Shaun :B)

Top Bottom