Why is it so blooming cold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Frosty in the Office this afternoon……😳
Who did you annoy ?.

Slick

Guru
I was on a job today, and the boy driving me commented on how warm it was, and I had to agree. I looked over at his dash and retorted that it was easy seen we are Scottish, complaining about the heat at 13 degrees. :sun::laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
It's that almost constant, strong easterly wind that's peeing me off!! :cold: :ninja:

Indeed. My journey to work is mostly Easterly, so homeward mostly Westerly.

Prior to this year, I think there have only been three times when the homeward journey (which also has more uphill than the journey to work) has been a higher average speed than the inward journey.

Sine the start of April, it has been 4 times in only 6 commutes.

ExBrit

Über Member
It was 94F last weekend at the beach (35C). Predicting snow at my house tomorrow. WTF? I blame all politicians except Bernie Sanders.
Update - yup, we got about 1/4 inch

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
It's the myth of global warming.
Ask Paul Simon

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Indeed; nice when it's still in the sun, but the NE wind is punishing. Went out last night in lightweight trousers and a base layer and was pretty cold for the first few miles until warmed up..

Still, bright and dry so a welcome change to the soggy gloom of winter..

Drago

Legendary Member
I've seen the Day After Tomorrow. This weird weather is the precursor to intense storms that will kill us all unless we set fire to the local library.

Whatever happens the King must not get on a helicopter crewed by staff with dodgy fake English accents until the weather warms up.

Gwylan

Veteran
Seems as reasonable a proposition as any others.

Wrap your head in aluminium foil and hide in the shed for 8 days. They may not get you

Are you familiar with the works of Joanna Southcott? Maybe you have access to her box

Top Bottom