Why is it so blooming cold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It a nice sunny day here but it’s windy and freezing cold.

Yesterday my wife turned the heating on, in May!

When will it get nice? I blame Michael Fish.

I've not known anything like it. The coldest commuting year I can ever remember. It was warmer this morning, short sleeves warm, this evnings commute I'll wear a windcheater.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I finally turned my heating off 3 days ago but feel like turning it back on today - it is only 14.5 degrees in this room, which is on the shaded side of the house.

I went out for a 45 minute ride earlier today and it was lovely except for that chilly wind. It really wasn't pleasant riding into it. It was good after I turned and had it pushing me along though!

D

Deleted member 1258

I finally turned my heating off 3 days ago but feel like turning it back on today - it is only 14.5 degrees in this room, which is on the shaded side of the house.

I went out for a 45 minute ride earlier today and it was lovely except for that chilly wind. It really wasn't pleasant riding into it. It was good after I turned and had it pushing me along though!

At the moment our heating is on early and late and off during the day.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just been out to put the crosses in the boxes & it appears to have shifted to more of a Northerly rather than Easterly, but still as cold when you're in it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My body heat must be warming the room. It is now a toasty 14.8 degrees! :laugh:
I brought the TV into play to catch up on the Vuelta Femenina and that has got the room up to 15.7 degrees. Another few hours and I might be able to take my woolly hat and mitts off!

Slick

Guru
Ps, I've been in shorts and T shirts this week. I don't feel the cold.

I'm the same, I've always just assumed it was because I spent most of my working life working outside and I just got used to it, but I've been in an office now for 9 years, and I still don't feel the cold.

Top Bottom