Why is it that...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
when cyclists are off the main roads, tat they suddenly think its ok to cycle on the wrong side of the track/blind bend?

Slowing down to go onto a single track bridge approaching at about 60 degrees, a cyclist comes shooting through in the middle of the exit so I went fully over to my left ( I approach mid-lane so I can see anything oncoming then correct accordingly) then another rider a second or so behind him cutting the corner ON THE RIGHT - STRAIGHT AT ME -aaaarrrrggghhh.

Luckily he only grazed my left firearm on his BSO and I said - loudly - "keep left" to wich he replied that I shouldn't have been going so fast!

If him and his freakin mate had kept to the left, my measly 15mph wouldn't have been an issue.

Fn bike chimps

mustang1

Legendary Member
Highly annoying. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to remedy this. Maybe use one of those bike puncture chains the cops use to stop cars?

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Or those things in some retail park exits you can roll over one way but spike your tyres the other way.

To be honest, it's an area where the locals use hi-vis spray paint and a template to put a " don't let your dogs foul" sign on the lane tarmac, and for a while I've had the thought of doing the same with "Keep LEFT", however, doing so would make me really sad!

Top Bottom