Why, just why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always a few of course, but AFAIK it's still pretty relaxed in the lower mellow orders and still going strong it seems....

It's always The Few* who create the problems. After that it's down to how the rest handle it; not being part of the solution very often means being part of the problem.

*rather like the Battle of Britain ...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's always The Few* who create the problems. After that it's down to how the rest handle it; not being part of the solution very often means being part of the problem.

*rather like the Battle of Britain ...
Indeed. Having a ride leader and tail-end-charlie, should help in this regard and a clear definition of what the ride is and isn't.

snorri

Legendary Member
Why do you bother with Facebook?
It was no better before Facebook was invented, IME.
I was on one club run where the Leaders were looking for a suitable spot for a picnic lunch. The number of site investigations, you'd have thought they were looking for an ideal site for their retirement home. I announced that hunger was making me feel quite faint in an attempt to hasten a decision.
Another club run was so poorly disciplined that other road users were being unnecessarily inconvenienced by the antics. I kept my head down on that one in case any of the delayed drivers were friends of mine.
I've happily cycled solo since before the turn of the century:smile:.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The thing about club rides, you have a good chance to find a couple of like minded people in them, then go and do your own group ride with them. I have 4 groups apart from official club rides, A couple of medium of speeds and a couple of faster groups, works for me.

The thing about club rides, you have a good chance to find a couple of like minded people in them, then go and do your own group ride with them. I have 4 groups apart from official club rides, A couple of medium of speeds and a couple of faster groups, works for me.
I found this works well. I'd outgrown my original group and I was invited to follow some previous members to a local CTC group but now we pretty much ride in a small group of usually 6-8. Upon return to normality it might see us ride as a sub group on a club ride for old times sake.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I can ride to the pub in ten minutes but it takes me thirty to ride home. No idea why.
That's wierd. When I was a student I remember it taking some time to get to the pub (walking), but no time at all to get home.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The ride leader should take control; if they're going too fast let them know first. Second time tell them to go and club captain can deal with them.

That's if it's an official BC club. If not, then it's a free-for-all and I'd let them go with a sudden diversion.

Top Bottom