Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Are we allowed electrics on here?.

This is my Gtech single speed Gates Carbon Drive.

The e-assist is mainly for getting away from the lights briskly, once you've over 15mph its all legs!. I normally ride around 17mph. The assist is good for hills as well (instead of gears).

I view it more as an automatic single speed than a full on ebike, weighs in at 16kg so not too heavy.

20160703_154636.jpg

Thats very nice. I asked GTECH how much it would cost to send one of those to Denmark.

500 pounds :O)

They must be insane. My ICE trike cost about 100 pounds from Cornwall.

keithmac

Guru
Yeh I read that, it's a shame really as the Gtech is a cracking little bike.

I fancied the simplicity of a single speeder, this just has a saftey margin built in when you hit any big hills!.

I'm trying to impove my cadence on it to hit 19/20 mph on the flat, the gearing is a good compromise I've found.

Shame you have no UK contacts that could ship one over as it's free delivery in UK, or maybe a shipping company could quote you?.

New bike day! :dance:

A brand spanking new fixed/single speed bike, a Fuji Feather 2016, snapped up at £300. Needs some upgrades, notably, pedals are naff and the track grips need to be replaced with bar tape. Otherwise, I'm a very happy boy. I hadn't noticed those wheel reflectors until I looked at the image, they are coming right off!

Side note: Evans cycles in Leeds did a crap job of the build, the front and rear brake was not fitted/aligned properly and rubbing both tyres and rim, and for some bizarre reason the front reflector was fitted in a position that the front brake cable was completely restricted. My wife could have done a better job at building it!

Xnio3lx.jpg

Can't wait for pedals and tape to arrive in the post so I can give it a proper whirl. A little nervous about the long steep hills though... :unsure:

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
xkkrqo
This is my Specialized Langster.

Geared with 3/32 - 48t front and 16t rear
GoldtecHubs on Mavic Open pro rims
Bontrager carbon fork and track crank.
Specialized pave carbon post
Selle italia slr xp saddle
Planet x bull horn bars

syH7t4NtZSkUHjxSAWSrb+0rfCqmMGTB0300.jpg

Well, 9 years on when I started the " and my specialized langster is still going strong. I'm still using it everyday to commute to work. It's even hit a car and survived.

https://flic.kr/p/xkkrqo

Last edited:

Stinboy

Über Member

Very nice indeed :smile: Have you thought about using a Hiplok as opposed having to have a D lock on the frame?

It's not a criticism, just thought it might tidy things up a bit.

Very nice indeed :smile: Have you thought about using a Hiplok as opposed having to have a D lock on the frame?

Thank you, it's as much fun as my road bike that cost 10 times as much. I got it from a chap that had bought it new and used it for one 4 mile trip, then put it in his garage !!

I agree, the D-lock does take up a lot of room, I do have a smaller cable lock that I use now and again though.

Steel is great for SS!
When I first built mine up it was with bullhorns like this and, while I liked their narrow (360mm) width for weaving through town, I found wider 420mm drops more comfortable on longer rides. It was not just the width, but that you also had a few more hand grip positions to relieve aching backs and shoulders...
Good luck with the rest of the build and happy riding,
J

Top Bottom