Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TxRonHarris

Here's my Bare Knuckle 61cm track bike set up for the road with a front brake. Doesn't get much time these days, but it's a heck of a bike.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 78

TxRonHarris

Bob Jackson Vigorelli fixed gear bike, in pristine condition and ready to ride.........

View attachment 148498

LOVE the Bob Jackson. Had one several years ago and it was my go to fun ride when I wanted to ride and smile. Thanks for posting it.

Here's my Bare Knuckle 61cm track bike set up for the road with a front brake. Doesn't get much time these days, but it's a heck of a bike.

Hi TxRon
Well you must be about 7ft tall looking at you Bare Knuckle bike, so the Bob Jackson would be no good for you. But it is available for sale for anyone about 6ft tall who wants to ride and smile.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just finished and taken for first test ride ...... 44x17

I hope mine turns out looking as good as yours...

holdsworth.jpg

Probably won't be as tidy as yours though, since it's going to be a bit of a mongrel bike, using parts from the box of bits in the garage as far as possible.

Steerer etc all needs to be finessed and cut to size, rear brake removed - not the right drop.

What kind of drop are we talking about for the rear brake? I have some old Alhonga deep-drop brakes that I was hoping to use, if they fit.

Also, is that the Holdsworth seatpost? Hmmm, looks like rather a lot of setback. I've ordered one but it didn't look like that in the pic on the website.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Starting to look a bit more like an actual bike...

holdsworth2.jpg

Headset, bottom bracket, chainset and seatpost are all "Holdsworth Gran Sport" components from Planet X. Crank bolts weren't provided but luckily I had some in the spares box. Also had to buy a press to install the headset but thought I could get away without the appropriate tool to fit the crown race. I was wrong, so I've just ordered a crown race setter. The stem is there as a placeholder to stop the fork falling out until I decide what length I need. Have kind of made up my mind to get Condor Strada stem and bars.

Front wheel is an old one from the spares box - Shimano 105 hub, Mavic MA3 rim (which should give an idea of how old it is) - needs a bit of a clean but is in good working order.

Built the rear wheel at the weekend, using an On-One track hub from the spares box, a Mavic Open Elite rim and Sapim Race spokes.

Sprocket is a cheapo Lifeline one from Wiggle.

Saddle is a well used Brooks B17.

Haven't yet decided what to do about brakes.

Tyres will be either the Conti Grand Sport or Schwalbe One that I have in the spares box. Both are 25c, but I'll probably upgrade to 32c when they need replacing - looks like there's plenty of room for bigger tyres.

I have an old set of SKS chromoplastic mudguards that I might use, though they might be too wide.

Pedals will be the Shimano M324 from the spares box.

Last edited:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Starting to look a bit more like an actual bike...

View attachment 151287

Headset, bottom bracket, chainset and seatpost are all "Holdsworth Gran Sport" components from Planet X. Crank bolts weren't provided but luckily I had some in the spares box. Also had to buy a press to install the headset but thought I could get away without the appropriate tool to fit the crown race. I was wrong, so I've just ordered a crown race setter. The stem is there as a placeholder to stop the fork falling out until I decide what length I need. Have kind of made up my mind to get Condor Strada stem and bars.

Front wheel is an old one from the spares box - Shimano 105 hub, Mavic MA3 rim (which should give an idea of how old it is) - needs a bit of a clean but is in good working order.

Built the rear wheel at the weekend, using an On-One track hub from the spares box, a Mavic Open Elite rim and Sapim Race spokes.

Sprocket is a cheapo Lifeline one from Wiggle.

Saddle is a well used Brooks B17.

Haven't yet decided what to do about brakes.

Tyres will be either the Conti Grand Sport or Schwalbe One that I have in the spares box. Both are 25c, but I'll probably upgrade to 32c when they need replacing - looks like there's plenty of room for bigger tyres.

I have an old set of SKS chromoplastic mudguards that I might use, though they might be too wide.

Pedals will be the Shimano M324 from the spares box.

Nice! Is that the M size?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Nice! Is that the M size?

Yep, size M/52cm. Haven't measured it for fit yet but it seems about right for me.

Very nice indeed:okay: is the paint metallic cos it look's good. Well done keep it up.
Andrew

Yeah, the metallic paint is gorgeous. I didn't feel quite bold enough to go for the orange (although @Fab Foodie's looks great), but I'm glad I didn't go for the black - I've already got two black bikes, which is quite enough.

I hope mine turns out looking as good as yours...

View attachment 150422

Probably won't be as tidy as yours though, since it's going to be a bit of a mongrel bike, using parts from the box of bits in the garage as far as possible.

What kind of drop are we talking about for the rear brake? I have some old Alhonga deep-drop brakes that I was hoping to use, if they fit.

Also, is that the Holdsworth seatpost? Hmmm, looks like rather a lot of setback. I've ordered one but it didn't look like that in the pic on the website.
What a beautiful frame

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Have to say with 44x17 it goes up hills better than any other bike I've got ....

That's pretty close to my 48x18 set-up. Good all-purpose gear, but I've also got a spare 14t sprocket I might stick on the other side of the hub for flat rides.

I'd forgotten how good fixed is! I've only nearly fallen-off twice.....

I'm really looking forward to getting back into it. Haven't ridden fixed on the road for about three years.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
53x19, and you have seen me fall off mine.
That's 75" vs my 70" .... but then you're not a fat bastard....
I think I'll fit a 16T on the other side of the flip-flop hub for 73" (which I ran back in the 80s when I was an Old-Holborn smoking whippet).

Top Bottom