Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's things like the brake bridge - just doing up the brake mounting bolt (not even very tight) shaved the paint off there. Maybe a touch of clear varnish over that spot would help. And I will just have to be very careful with it generally.

It's things like the brake bridge - just doing up the brake mounting bolt (not even very tight) shaved the paint off there. Maybe a touch of clear varnish over that spot would help. And I will just have to be very careful with it generally.

Clear varnish orta do it.
Without getting all Mountain Bikey,what about some Helitape on the places most likely to be affected ?
Clear and wont take the look away.
Just a thought.

GGJ

Veteran
Only thing I don't like is that the paint is very fragile - already has a few chips (really must fit a chainstay protector). But then what did I expect for £80? Ho hum.

Wonder how much a car paint shop would take to give it a blast over with a couple of coats of lacquer?

Love the green on that frame. :smile: I wish they did the step-through version in that colour- or rather, I'm glad they don't, because I probably would have had a credit card accident by now if they did. :rolleyes: It's still proving difficult to resist the temptation of the orange or cream variants now that they're down to £60...I really really don't need another singlespeed/fixed bike, though, as the lovely Genesis would be jealous.:stop:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My other monogeared bike - a Felt Breed SS CX. It's been languishing in the garage for a while, in need of some tlc, and I finally got round to it recently. Finished fettling the brakes and adding fresh bar tape yesterday so took it for a play in the woods this morning...

IMG_4184.JPG

Planning on taking it racing next weekend.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Clear varnish orta do it.
Without getting all Mountain Bikey,what about some Helitape on the places most likely to be affected ?
Clear and wont take the look away.
Just a thought.

I have a big roll of erosion tape; it's a thick clear rubbery coating we put on wing leading edges etc. It's what I use to protect chainstays.

If anyone wants a bit, just PM me an address...

GGJ

Veteran
Yes it is, not often you see it looking as splendid as today

GGJ

Veteran
Strathaven is the wrong end for me. If I do Strathaven I turn right off the A71 and go over the back roads past the back of the windfarm and re-emerge in the middle of Darvel, Newmilns, Galston, Moscow, Waterside and back towards Glasgow

Top Bottom