Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Nice looking bike. The angle the photo was taken from blends part of the frame in with the edge of the step, so it looks like one of those incredibly rare Mercian's that were built without a top tube.

Haha, yes the noodly 'V' frame never really took off, preferring to flop from side to side^_^

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Here's my latest. It has had a short cold test ride, nipped up the headset & adjusted the saddle, so far so good.
I need to do a couple of laps of the 'Cols de Richmond Park' & Nightingale Lane to know if the gearing is OK.
dscf9502_zpsypik7vqa-jpg.158107.jpg

colly

Re member eR
Great shade of blue that.
Funny thing is I had an idea a pale blue bike, sort of cornflower blue was what I wanted. When I turned up at the powder coaters place the nearest he had was that blue. It's not as pale as I wanted but tbh I couldn't be bothered to chase around all over the place so I said............... 'Yeah that will do and can you do it in a matt finish?'
He said no matt finish but he would give it a matt lacquer after it's been coated.

It's grown on me so much I am pleased that I didn't get quite what I wanted.^_^

Funny thing is I had an idea a pale blue bike, sort of cornflower blue was what I wanted. When I turned up at the powder coaters place the nearest he had was that blue. It's not as pale as I wanted but tbh I couldn't be bothered to chase around all over the place so I said............... 'Yeah that will do and can you do it in a matt finish?'
He said no matt finish but he would give it a matt lacquer after it's been coated.

It's grown on me so much I am pleased that I didn't get quite what I wanted.^_^

Works for me.
Does anyone remember the Gulf racing cars with that blue and orange on them ?
It reminds me of that .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Boardman.jpg

I think I've now got my Boardman in its final spec. This was a 2009 Road Carbon that was getting litle use due to other purchases and was close to being disposed of, so I decided to change it to a single speed as I don't have one and ... why not!

My original idea was to get a single speed kit from Planet X and use a spare (new) chain I had available plus the almost unsed 17 tooth cog from the old cassette (which was in need of replacement). Initially I used the old derailleur as a chain tensioner, but thanks to @Elybazza61 a proper kit was substitiuted. Initially I couldn't get the brand new chain to the correct length for the 17 tooth cog so had to go with the 16 tooth supplied with the kit, but after a few rides the chain has "eased" enough for the 17 to be fitted, albeit with absolutely no give in the chain so the tensioner has been removed for now. The chainring is the standard 50 and with the inner ring still in place. All the cables and shift levers have also been removed and a 35 miler this afternoon confirms that the 50/17 setup seems to be the best compromise for this area and 10-15mph headwinds.

The total cost was £9 for the spacer kit from Planet X plus £10 for the tensioner. It still won't get much use, but it fills a gap in the fleet.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The fixed is back home after 15 months in my folks garage after my accident. Bugger all wrong with it other than needing the bars and saddle turning straight and a scratch on the forks that will buff out.
20170405_190342.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Olmo. The bloke who sold it to me said he'd been told by the guy who sold it to him that it had once been the property of the Italian national track team. Obviously I haven't a clue whether that's true, but it's a wonderful ride, with an urgency and responsiveness like no other bike I've ever ridden. Can you tell I love it? :smile:

photo_2017-08-05_17-18-56.jpg

My Olmo. The bloke who sold it to me said he'd been told by the guy who sold it to him that it had once been the property of the Italian national track team. Obviously I haven't a clue whether that's true, but it's a wonderful ride, with an urgency and responsiveness like no other bike I've ever ridden. Can you tell I love it? :smile:

View attachment 366227
I'd definitely take a link or two out of that chain if I were you,to bring the wheel nuts into the middle of the track ends

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'd definitely take a link or two out of that chain if I were you,to bring the wheel nuts into the middle of the track ends
Thanks for the tip, and I can see where you're coming from, but in truth it's fine. The picture's deceptive, making it look like half the nut's hanging off the end, but in reality the contact surface area - which is what actually matters - couldn't be bigger. Having said that, I think the wheel has been moving back very slightly as the chain has worn/stretched - if it got any further, I would indeed remove a couple of links.

Top Bottom