Why not post a picture of your Fixed/Singlespeed bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
I got this 1976 champagne Gazelle Champion Mondial which makes me want to grow sideburns and a muzzy.
IMAG1432_1.jpg

It made a good conversion with its long campag dropouts and no braze ons above the deraileur hanger. It's 48x18 fixed but I'll put a 17 on the flip side too.
When funds allow I'd like to get some suitably retro wheels to go with it. The ones you see were half built gathering dust in the bike shop and I got them for a good price. Cockpit still needs a bit of work. I'd like narrower bars with a longer reach and drop.
IMAG1434.jpg

I got this 1976 champagne Gazelle Champion Mondial which makes me want to grow sideburns and a muzzy.
View attachment 152774

It made a good conversion with its long campag dropouts and no braze ons above the deraileur hanger. It's 48x18 fixed but I'll put a 17 on the flip side too.
When funds allow I'd like to get some suitably retro wheels to go with it. The ones you see were half built gathering dust in the bike shop and I got them for a good price. Cockpit still needs a bit of work. I'd like narrower bars with a longer reach and drop.
View attachment 152773

Love it

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Purchased this on the c2w only done a few miles on it but it feels lovely. Commute is only 4 miles and didn't want the hassle of cleaning cassettes mechs and grimy winter road shizzle.Not brave enough for fixed and at 5am my brain actually doesn't function properly. Maybe one day though....

IMG_0007_zpsba4yk5t6.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0007_zpsba4yk5t6.jpg
    IMG_0007_zpsba4yk5t6.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 87

zigzag

Veteran
finished upgrading the boardman ss bike for better fit, comfort and speed.
original parts: frameset, chainset, brake calipers, levers and cables
upgrades/additions: handlebars, bar phat tape, longer stem, bouncy seatpost, saddle, wheels, freewheel, tyres, pedals, brake pads, mudguards and bottle cages.
almost 2kg heavier than the carbon ss bike i had, but still feels nimble at 8.2kg as pictured.

2016-11-29%2015.34.21_1.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-11-29%2015.34.21_1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 87

SWSteve

Guru
finished upgrading the boardman ss bike for better fit, comfort and speed.
original parts: frameset, chainset, brake calipers, levers and cables
upgrades/additions: handlebars, bar phat tape, longer stem, bouncy seatpost, saddle, wheels, freewheel, tyres, pedals, brake pads, mudguards and bottle cages.
almost 2kg heavier than the carbon ss bike i had, but still feels nimble at 8.2kg as pictured.

What caused the change to this from the carbon?

Attachments

• 2016-11-29%2015.34.21_1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 91

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My new ride

Very nice looking bike.

Can I ask why you used a half-link chain?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Retired my Langster about a year ago ( hanging up in garage ), however i`m thinking a new front wheel or wheelset and sort out a new drive chain. Could be a goer ! Just needs some tlc, means i can switch the knobblies back on to my CX bike for summer for if I fancy going of the beaten track !

3narf

For whom the bell dings
IMAG3630.jpg
IMAG3630.jpg IMAG3631.jpg

Hot rod back on the road as a singlespeed. I did have it built up as an 8speed, with Pace RC35s, but it's more fun like this unless 1990s XC racers make a comeback! :laugh:

There's enough flex in the frame, forks and tyres to make it comfy anyway. The gearing isn't perfect, at 38x20 it's a bit low, but with a half link the chain is a nice fit.

Looking forward to having a go on the 417 Project pump track with the kids next weekend...

Tim Hall

My 2010 Reynolds 853 pro team Mercian Vincitore Special single speed in 'intensio blue', running 50-17 currently. Absolutely love this bike, a keeper for life. View attachment 328310
Nice looking bike. The angle the photo was taken from blends part of the frame in with the edge of the step, so it looks like one of those incredibly rare Mercian's that were built without a top tube.

Top Bottom